Thread: Sony Xperia U vs. Sony Xperia neo V

Sony Xperia U vs. Sony Xperia neo V

hello guys, its time to buy a new handset for me, hence am i here for suggestions. At present am using Blackberry Curve since more than 2 years and now am looking to get any new Android based touchscreen device (as you all know its Android era ). Also there are few reasons that making me switch to Android such as multimedia experience, number of apps, etc that fails in BB phones.

Now i must say that i have already used Nokia, Samsung, and LG devices in the past. So i want to get something new for me. After searching for hours though i have choices in HTC as well as Sony Ericsson, due to the budget i decided to finally go with Sont Xperia Smartphones.

Finally i got stuck with Sony Xperia Neo V and Xperia U. Now can you guys please help me choosing the best one from these 2 devices ? Please let me know their good features, pros and cons why should i buy the one that you recommend. Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Sony Xperia U vs. Sony Xperia neo V

Sony Xperia Neo V

Well Xperia Neo V is a good device launched around a year ago. Though it was said to be the upgraded version of Xperia Neo, but in terms of Camera and it seems to be degraded version. Because Xperia Neo was having 8 MP Camera whereas Neo V is having just 5MP. Anyways, rest of the specs are still good. The device runs on Gingerbread and can be updated to Android's latest ICS. Its other features include Quad-band GSM /GPRS/EDGE support with the 512 MB RAM, that comes with the 1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset. The device comes with built in 2GB storage and can be expanded upto 32GB. It also supports Adobe Flash 11 and Deep Xperia Facebook integration.

All this feature actually makes this device a good deal for 16,500 INR. But there are few things that can be said as the Cons of Xperia Neo V such as limited video codec support and no 1080p video recording. Also if we talk about its speakers, you and i know how the speakers should be in Sony's devices. But its missing with Xperia Neo V. Speakers are not upto mark of Sony. Other drawback of the device is that external memory slot is placed under battery cover which means every time when you want to remove or insert the memory card you have take off the back cover.

Sony Xperia U

The Sony Xperia U is considered as the cheapest phone in the number of devices with such awesome specs. It is powered by 1Ghz processor and 3.5-inch screen with 854×480 pixels that really make this phone even more unique. Interms of camera, it is equal to the Neo V with 5MP. The design and looks of this device is very similar to the Xperia P and Xperia S.

The body is made of soft touch plastic which really feels nice when we touch it as it has the monolithic chassis that has the mix of curves and sharp angles. One feature that I love in this smartphone is its strip lights that indicate the notifications and alerts. Also, with Xperia U, you get the latest Android Ice cream Sandwich operating system with great features and looks. And it costs just 15200/- INR.

So, out of these 2, i'll recommend you to go with Xperia U as its new with new OS and specs, whereas Neo V is bit old and lower specs. Also the price is even better than Neo V.

You are actually right Maq.H, Xperia U seems better deal with its features and specs. Specially NovaThor dual-core 1Ghz processor that makes are actions smooth on the phone expect the stuttering on graphical transitions and WebPages sometime. Though RAM is bit low (512MB) but that doesn't effects anything with the multi tasking. Even it has good camera that captures stunning picture.This would be the better choice in buying smartphone today in Sony Xperia series.

If we compare both devices as per the Gaming, than i think Neo V beats Xperia U. It runs all heavy games comfortably and without any glitch. Even it works smoothly with its 1GHz Scorpion processor and Gingerbread operating system, but there are few small issue with WiFi connectivity that looses connection few times. I experienced it on my personal phone but i think it can be fixed with upgrade or by resetting it.

One thing that I agree with the above user is the phone really lacking in the support of the Video codec, but that can overcome with the help of any 3rd party apps such as MoboPlayer or RockPlayer,So thats not the problem i guess.