Thread: Font smoothing missing in Blackberry Torch 9800

Font smoothing missing in Blackberry Torch 9800

Dont know what went wrong with my BB Torch 9800. Am using it since 6 months and it was working fine. As i saw few other BB Devices having customized fonts, i attempted doing the same. Though i followed the steps properly, dont now why, since than my phone looks too sharp. Seems like all the smoothness went off. So i tried to revert back to my earlier fonts by still the smoothness is missing. Is it because of using Desktop Service Synchronization ? Yes, i used it just before the problem appeared. Is there anyone having the same problem ? Please help me out fixing this.

Re: Font smoothing missing in Blackberry Torch 9800

Nope, i dont think it is because of Desktop Synchronization because i have been through the same problem and in my case i never used Desktop Synchronization. I guess it is kind of a bug with BB OS 6 because its not just you and me, there are many BB users who faced it.

Anyways, there is a fix for this but bit annoying. You will need to reinstalling the OS on your smartphone to get it done. I did the same and fixed my device's font smoothing. Dont forget to backup your media files and documents before doing the same or you will loose it. Try reinstalling and if you dont know how to re-install, let me know. I'll explain you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhadev View Post
    Though i followed the steps properly, dont now why, since than my phone looks too sharp. Seems like all the smoothness went off. So i tried to revert back to my earlier fonts by still the smoothness is missing. Is it because of using Desktop Service Synchronization?
    Well re-installing can surely fix this issue but the reason behind this seems to be the particular font's behavior. There are few fonts anti-aliased and other doesn’t have. Anyways, just follow these steps and see if it works to make it normal:

Go to the option > display.
    Here you will find Screen Display option, select the font which is anti-aliased (Example BBAlpha Sans).

If it dint worked, than simply try restoring your device. Restoring is better than re-installing the os again. Keep the re-installation as the last fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    I guess it is kind of a bug with BB OS 6 because its not just you and me, there are many BB users who faced it.
    Yeah, you are right friend. Look like the common problem with the devices running on BB OS v6.0.0.246, including me. Even i had the same after I changed the fonts and font size. The text got rough and sharpen more like pixilated. But restoring doesn't worked for me. I required to re-install the OS itself in order to make it work.

But if you have any last backup saved where your device was working fine, you can try restoring the same. It should work.