Thread: Flickering lines appear in the left corner of Transformer TF300T screen

Flickering lines appear in the left corner of Transformer TF300T screen

Transformer TF300T is the best Tablet I have ever seen as per its performance. I am using it since it got launched and was working fine. but from last few days i can see some spaced lines appearing at the left corner of the screen. The only solution i need to do is reboot my device every time it appears. Yeah, thats correct. The lines disappear when i reboot the device but it comes again after 3 to 4 hours.

But as you know this is neither a permanent nor good solution. Is it related to the hardware or its a software issue ? Is here anyone who can help me on this ?

Re: Flickering lines appear in the left corner of Transformer TF300T screen

Hey, thanks for starting this discussion. Even am with the very similar problem. Do you see the lines only in Landscape mode ?

My screen starts flickering with lines only in the landscape mode and works fine in portrait mode. I guess it is the firmware problem or probably with any application we installed but not sure. Hence in dint tried any troubleshooting yet. But in my case the problem appears probably while using PowerAmp in full screen mode. When i quit this problem my screen appears normal. So should i fix it by just uninstalling PowerAmp ? Please help

Well as you say it appears only while running any particular program, than obviously the problem is with that program. Why dont you just uninstall it and get some alternate app for the same. Just try removing PowerAmp and see if it works. but most probably i guess this is a firmware related problem. Just try re-installing or updating the firmware. Before doing that you can also try restoring the settings to factory defaults.

While launching the device with ICS Asus said that they will release a OTA update soon. I guess its available now. You can also check if your device is getting any OTA update. If it is available simply go for it. If it dont work and your device is holding warranty, simply go and get it done from service center.

Quote Originally Posted by pleas*ing View Post
    Hey, thanks for starting this discussion. Even am with the very similar problem. Do you see the lines only in Landscape mode ?

My screen starts flickering with lines only in the landscape mode and works fine in portrait mode. I guess it is the firmware problem or probably with any application we installed but not sure. Hence in dint tried any troubleshooting yet. But in my case the problem appears probably while using PowerAmp in full screen mode. When i quit this problem my screen appears normal. So should i fix it by just uninstalling PowerAmp ? Please help
    I dont think it is related to any particular application because as you have mentioned, i dont have PowerAmp installed on my Transformer TF300T but still i keep getting flickering on my bottom screen. While researching on the same i came to know that Asus is aware of this problem and they are going to release a patch in coming weeks. As a fix i tried restoring the device but that dint helped. I think we need to wait and watch when Asus is releasing fix for this.