Thread: Activation of IOS 6 wont work, error "device is not registered"

Activation of IOS 6 wont work, error "device is not registered"

I have recently upgraded my iphone to IOS 6 as I am a registered developer of iPhone Developer Program. I did not had any issue with the installation process but after installation I am getting an error message saying "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program" I don’t think I have missed out anything. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Activation of IOS 6 wont work, error "device is not registered"

Yes I have come across other registered developer of ios 6 Developer Program facing this issue as well, I am not sure about the issue that is casing this error but if you want then you can roll back to the previous version of your os probably 5.1 putting the iphone in DFU mode. Some people have mentioned that they had faced the same issue for the first time but after downgrading to ios5 and carrying out the installation process again using upgrade button rather than the Restore button has helped them out. If you want then you can try out the same and see if that’s making any difference in your case.

Are you quite sure that mentioned method had worked out for anyone? I mean I have tried out the same and even after downgrading to ios5 and using the upgrade button rather than the Restore button for upgrading to IOS 6 did not worked out for me. I am still getting the same error message. Do you know what is causing the issue?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

I am not sure but I have found some people mentioning that it has worked out for them. I have not tried out the same myself as I am not a registered member of ios 6 Developer Program. Anyways if that’s not working out for you then you can try the other way out. First downgrade to ios5 by putting the iphone in DFU mode and after that go to the iPhone tab in iTunes and Under Restore just hold alt (or shift Windows) and click on the "Check for Update" button. When you do so you will get a panel where you can check out for iOS6 image that you might have downloaded from Apple. Once you get the same then you can install iOS6 without any further issues. Just give it a try and let me know if you are getting any luck in this way. If you still face the same error then you will probably have to wait for the release in October. I don’t think there is anything else other than these solutions that you will be able to try out for now.

I agree to you this has been a common issue now a days, if the above solution are not working out for you then you can try going in to Xcode and after that go in to Orginsation window and try doing a restore from there. If that does not help then as suggested you will have to wait for its release in October. If you want then you can try out installing ios in some other apple device like ipad or some other iphone. I am not sure if that will matter but I have come around people who have mentioned that they were facing the same error while installing on iphone but were able to install ios on their ipad without any issue. So if you have any other apple device then you can cross check it.