Thread: How to install IOS 6 on iPad 3

How to install IOS 6 on iPad 3

I have already tried connecting my ipad 3 to my computer and launched itunes and when I am restoring it, itunes is still downloading the IOS 5 version from the apple server for my ipad. Why I am not able to get the IOS 6 version in the itunes. There are many people who have already updated their ipad/iphone to IOS 6 as noted on the net. Is it region wise distributed, like first in US then in other parts, since I live in the eastern part of the world, when apple will release IOS 6 in this region. Also, what more features are there in IOS 6 compared to IOS 5?

Re: How to install IOS 6 on iPad 3

From where did you learn that many iphone/ipad users have already installed iOS 6 in their apple devices. Actually, they might have installed the iOS 6 beta version which is available for developers, but the actual release date of the iOS 6 is in the autumn season, that is between the months of September and October. Till that time you wont be able to get final version of IOS 6 for iphone or ipad in the itunes that is provided by the apple server free of cost. Rumors are also there that, iPhone 5 which will release or not may come with iOS 6 preinstalled. The IOS 6 compatible devices include iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3 and 4th generation iPod Touch as well.

Below are the features of IOS 6:
    • Siri Enhancements
    • Will offer results of sports competitions
    • Film
    • Restaurants: Integration with Yelp and OpenTable
    • Application Launcher
    • Siri Eyes Free to use in the car: 9 automakers integrate Siri button in their cars
    • Siri for iPad
    • Integration with Facebook and Twitter, you can post using Siri
    • Facebook integration with the App Store
    • API to integrate Facebook applications in IOS
    • Improvements to receive and make calls
    • Function "Do Not Disturb" to block notifications and sounds completely
    • Facetime on 3G networks
    • Offline readling list, to read articles even without Internet
    • iOS6 notification if a site has an APP available on the App Store
    • Stream Photo sharing, better integration with Safari and photos
    • Contact of VIPs, you will receive notifications of emails from these people and in IMessages marked with stars
    • Insert photos and videos directly on the post creation window
    • Passbook will be an administration manager and purchasing movie tickets, subway, plane, etc.. (U.S. only)
    • New mapping system for Turn-by-Turn Traffic View
    • 3D Flyover Map models created by Apple
    • Multiple signatures for emails
    • "Lost Mode" - if you lose your iPhone and same is found by some unknown person, then he can simply press a button which can communicate to an alternative number that you set so that you can retrieve it back.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: How to install IOS 6 on iPad 3

You can install the IOS 6 beta version in your ipad 3 but you will have to sign up on the apple developer site and only after that you will be able to install it. Apart from that, since its already mentioned that IOS 6 will be available in the autumn season, I would like to mention some of the defects or less features provided by the iOS 6 beta version available for developers, to iPhone 4 and lower generation iphones/ipad. The first bad news is that this new IOS 6 will not be available for the iPod Touch Gen 3 and the first generation iPhone. Then the function "flyover" which is used to show a top view of the cities and also the option to turn by turn GPS guidance will not be available for the iPhone 4 or lower version. Siri will only work on iPhone 4s and iPad 3. Photo sharing option will not work for the iPhone 3G. Only the iPhone 4s and new iPhone will have access to FaceTime for 3G cellular network. The VIP list in the mail is also missed out in the iPhone 3G. Passabook available for iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4S and iPad 3 will not be compatible with iPad 2. However, the good news is that with the help of Jailbreak, we will surely have the option to activate all these functions.