Thread: How to move apps to SD card from internal memory of LG Optimus Elite?

How to move apps to SD card from internal memory of LG Optimus Elite?

I purchased a LG Optimus Elite three days back and started using it. I was exploring the phone when I found two terms, which is phone memory and internal memory. First I thought that phone memory must be the total storage space available in the phone and the internal memory must be denoting the memory after inserting the memory card. But I was wrong, after I inserted an 8 GB memory card, I found out that memory card was shown as different storage. On reading the manual, I found that phone memory is the part which the phone takes to store its installed softwares, operating system and to save the settings. The internal memory was the mass storage part where I can store audio and video files. Now the real problem is that, LG Optimus Elite comes with some in built games like Angry Birds and so on. I wanted to move these games in the memory card of my mobile. But I couldn’t do it. The phone provides me with options only to move these games from phone memory to internal memory. Isn’t there any option that will transfer the games in phone memory to memory card?

Re: How to move apps to SD card from internal memory of LG Optimus Elite?

The applications cannot be moved from the phone memory to the memory card. And anyways, why do you want to move them in first place. You can store all you data files, music and video files and games and application setup files on the memory card. This will help you to keep the internal memory free for all the applications you want. Also the internal memory is used by LG Optimus Elite to store the cache files, phone contacts, messages and some other stuff. But all this stuff doesn’t occupy much space. I have around 100 applications including games installed on my LG Optimus Elite. Developers have provided enough space to install all the applications in the internal memory. Also the applications for this phone aren’t of huge size. They are in size of some MBs. I don’t think that 1.9 GB of space will be less for you.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can try using Wi-Fi File Explorer Pro application that is found on Google Play. Install this application on your LG Optimus Elite and then you can connect your phone to a computer using Wi-Fi. Using this connection, you will get a file explorer which will show all the directories of your phone. It will include all the root level directories and all system folders too. So beware that you don’t change any system file or it may screw your phone or maybe one of its feature. Using this file explorer, you can move the desired applications into the memory card or in any other memory space. By using this application, you won’t need to flash some setup application or follow some complex procedure just to move open folder from one location to another.

One reason for which LG Optimus Elite must not be allowing you to move installed application outside the phone is to maintain the integrity f the data generated by the specific software. I mean suppose software must need to access your system files on regular basis. It must be maintaining the database of files access, used or modified. Suppose, if you moved such an application out of the phone, the database might be hampered. Also such softwares build a link or bond between them and the system file. So moving them out of phone’s memory might lead to breaking of this connection and causing disruption in working of both, phone and application. Developers must have restricted this feature to protect phone and application from this problem.