Thread: What does Smart Screen Off Android App do

What does Smart Screen Off Android App do

I am wondering what does this Smart Screen Off app actually do. I found this app in my friends phone which he is using. He said that is quiet nice app for blocking some screen of stuff on the phone. I am able to figure out what it actually does. Actually I was looking for a feature by which I can keep my android phone turned on for long time. It goes off as I keep that in my pocket and when I turned it one the screen locks. I have a low budget phone which takes lot time to get on the home screen after unlocking. So it is better if I can disable the screen off settings. I had disable that from phone settings, but still whenever I keep the phone in my pocket the screen goes off. I am looking for an app that can help me to keep the screen active for hours. Thanks.

Re: What does Smart Screen Off Android App do

In order to understand what Smart Screen Off app do, you will need to first figure out what is proximity sensor. This is a small sensor which come in almost all kind of smartphone. The sensor is responsible to turn off your screen. This is a kind of battery saving feature. You can see a small block hole the front screen which looks like a very tiny camera. That is proximity sensor. Keep your finger on that, your screen will turned off. That is the reason when you keep the phone inside your pocket the screen goes off. Smart Screen Off apply simply disable the sensor so that the screen remains active. This might drain your battery, but as you mentioned you want your screen work for hours then you can download this app from Google Play. There are two version of this app Lite and Pro. Lite is free while Pro comes with some more additional features. The app is very lite. When you run this, the proximity sensor do not respond.

That looks a very simple and easy to use app. There is no settings inside android provided to stop proximity sensor. So that means this thing works by default. I hope this might not cause any serious issue with the phone if used for a longer time. I had seen on certain forums to disable that permanently, users have rooted the phone rom. That is actually the most weird thing.

That depends on the need of user. I was using one more app that does the same thing. It is called as Proximity Screen Off. This app is free and can help you to turn the sensor off on temporary basis. The app offers you a number different features that you can do to modify the settings of your phone. It is basically meant to control your phone gesture. I am not sure how it works in new phones. It is possible to configure timeout settings. By which you can get back the proximity sensor as the time for using it expires. Go on google play and have a look the app.