Thread: Does LG Optimus Elite has 1Ghz processor or less

Does LG Optimus Elite has 1Ghz processor or less

Can anyone tell what is the exact cpu clock rate used in LG Optimus Elite. I heard this was around 1Ghz. But not sure, because last week I visited a shop where I found a small pamphlet of this mobile phone. On that it was written 800mhz. I am a bit confused about this. Is there 1Ghz model also available or what I need to do to get that cpu in this phone. As a android phone I think 1Ghz will offer a good amount cpu power for existing applications. Also I want to know till what version I can upgrade the operating system and how. Does LG is providing any kind of official update information relate to ICS update. I am not in a mood to go for 800Mhz cpu phone, as I already has some cheap alternative for that. And if this phone does has 1Ghz cpu then on which android phone I can find that. I need a widescreen phone with good processing ability. I had noticed some models running on ICS are very laggy and they too have 600 and 800 Mhz cpu. Second thing at the time of playing games, when the phone downloads some updates, the game screen is very slow. It lags and freezes. This issue is commonly noticed in Gingerbread. All it is need is a good cpu power to perform all the basic operations easily.

Re: Does LG Optimus Elite has 1Ghz processor or less

This phone does not has 1Ghz processor. As you said you can read the specification of phone. It clearly shows it has 800Mhz processor with Gingerbread operating system. Also there is no microsd card with this phone. In my views I will recommend this phone as mid range android phone.

I can provide you some information related to 1Ghz cpu android phones. There are very less models yet available and they are too costly. The only model that I know is Google Nexus. It is equipped with Tegra 2 processor which provides awesome performance. I am not sure what os they are using right now. The second phone in the same range is LG Optimus 2X. This phone has also similar processor with 8MP camera and 1.3 at the front side. Rightnow the last operating system upgrade that I had heard about was Gingerbread 2.3. After that I did not find any information related to ICS update. There were some phones by intel also, but I am not sure whether they are using android or not. You have to wait for some while. As phone has already reached to 800Mhz cpu limit and soon there will be more higher. The most commonly cpu that we can found is 400 and 600mhz in every low or mid range phone. According to me 800mhz is quiet fine. It is right that the game lags if there are other apps in the background. Especially updates. You need a good internet plan for that. If you are a high speed internet network you will not notice those issue. As android apps are filled with ads in them, they consume system resource to download new updates.

Why don't you go for a tablet pc. I am sure that you will find that amount cpu power along with dedicated gpu ram. This will be better and you can enjoy nice hd gameplay on that. I will recommend you to go for Lenovo tablets as they are quiet nice and comes with 16/32GB internal storage.

LG Optimus Elite is a budget phone. It is not too costly and in that way the phone has the right specification. The price on which it is offered is quiet acceptable and according to me at that budget 800mhz is much more cheaper. If you can need better touch response you can have a look on Samsung Galaxy Y Duos. This phone comes at affordable price and nice specification to run any type of android app. It is a bit mufti-tasking also. You can have a look on Acer website. There are some more numbers of products are listed. But the android os which is used in them is quiet old.