Thread: HTC EVO 4G LTE is having Gorilla Glass 1 or Gorilla Glass 2

HTC EVO 4G LTE is having Gorilla Glass 1 or Gorilla Glass 2

I saw advertisements of HTC EVO 4G LTE on few sites. The phones seems pretty good with its features. As i was in need of new smartphone, am planning to go with this. While reading its specs, i found few sites saying it uses Gorilla Glass 2 while few others says it is with Gorilla Glass 1. Can anyone of you please clear it for me ?

Also i would like to know what is the difference between these 2 glasses and which is better ? Any useful information on the same will be appreciated.

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE is having Gorilla Glass 1 or Gorilla Glass 2

As far as I know EVO 4G LTE is packed with Gorilla Glass 2. I even found it on most of the sites but yeah, i dint checked it yet on official HTC page. Anyways, as per the difference, Gorilla Glass 2 will reduce glass thickness by 20%. It will make the device more sleek as well as slim. You will get better touch screen response and bright images. The protection provided would be same as that of its previous version. So I think all the users would be really happy to use it as the said mobile phone will be thinner as compared to other HTC mobile phone.

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE is having Gorilla Glass 1 or Gorilla Glass 2

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    As far as I know EVO 4G LTE is packed with Gorilla Glass 2. I even found it on most of the sites but yeah, i dint checked it yet on official HTC page. Anyways, as per the difference, Gorilla Glass 2 will reduce glass thickness by 20%. It will make the device more sleek as well as slim. You will get better touch screen response and bright images. The protection provided would be same as that of its previous version. So I think all the users would be really happy to use it as the said mobile phone will be thinner as compared to other HTC mobile phone.
    I don’t agree with you. The HTC EVO 4G LTE supposed to be having Gorilla Glass 1 same as that of HTC One X. Personally it wont make any great difference to me with Glass version. Only advantage that we are going to get is that screen would be thinner even though protection would remain same. People used to request about thinner glass, hence they developed the same. However I would like to appreciate the same if they actually upgraded to Gorilla Glass 2.