Thread: Is HTC EVO 4G LTE processing speed similar to Samsung Galaxy S3

Is HTC EVO 4G LTE processing speed similar to Samsung Galaxy S3

I have used my friend’s Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have noticed that is really faster than my HTC EVO 4G LTE. In S3 first I have played the video and then started a game side by side and found that video was still playing smooth. Both were flawlessly playing without a glitch. But same thing is not available with EVO 4G LTE. As both are High end phones with latest processor, both should have performed equal but here the case is different. I think that the HTC cannot perform well in front of Samsung. What you say?

Do you think that Samsung Galaxy S3 has really a processing speed or good processor than the HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Re: Is HTC EVO 4G LTE processing speed similar to Samsung Galaxy S3

The fact is Galaxy S3 equipped with the Exynos 1.4 GHz quad core Cortex-A9 CPU and that makes it faster than HTC. Also there is 1GB of RAM that gives a good support over the CPU. So multitasking is not a problem in this phone since the powerful processor and 1GB of RAM is enough to execute and run more than one process at a time without a timestamp or deadlock.

On the other hand, HTC EVO 4G LTE is slightly thicker than the Galaxy S3. It is having Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz dual core CPU but the power matching is somewhat equal and we cannot really compare and see the difference between the both. But in terms of Memory Galaxy S3 wins the battle. I think that this is the only reason that what makes the S3 little faster.

HTC Evo 4G LTE is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual-core Krait CPU as well as Adreno 226 GPU. On the other hand the Samsung S3 contains 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex A9 processor with the MALI-400MP GPU. The best thing is both contain same amount of RAM and that is 1GB. So it is hard to choose the phones and compare them in terms of memory. You should look at the processor now. There were some reports about the compatibility issue with LTE enabled version of Galaxy S3. Many experts have even done some benchmark tests and according to them Snapdragon S4 processor has scored almost 5500 on Quadrant but Cortex A9 processor scored around 5600. There might be other benchmark tests which I have not gone through yet. Yet there are no exact benchmark tests of the actual HTC Evo 4G LT.

HTC Evo 4G LTE offers great features including Beats audio, HD voice, Google wallet and so on. On the other hand Galaxy S III also has features such as Beam, S-Voice, pop up play etc which are on their own from the Samsung side. Both have plethora of features and due to this it is really hard to verify which one has good processing power and which one could outperform well over one another. WE should take a look into benchmark result only but there also we can see only 100 point difference. For a real comparison you should experience both phones at a same time for few days.

Still in my option I prefer the Samsung Galaxy s3 because I don’t see any kind of limitation over there but we have seen that HTC always comes with a few limitations. I don’t want to talk about the HTC Sense. Choosing between the HTC Evo 4G LTE and the Samsung Galaxy S III will be totally subjective with its users need.

EVO 4G LTE is currently available from the Sprint only whereas the Galaxy S3 powered by global quad-core processor. The US version of EVO 4G LTE only contain a dual-core processor because of its 4G LTE restrictions. However the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available globally. , Sprint users might be eager to know the difference between the HTC against Galaxy S3.