Thread: Hardware parts used in Nokia are same or different from other brands

Hardware parts used in Nokia are same or different from other brands

Hello guys, need a bit info from you all. Actually i started learning and doing repairing work of all types of smartphones. As of now i cam through various phones from various brands, such as Nokia, Samsung, HTC etc. One thing i noticed during this period is that hardware parts in all mobile phones seems to be similar. I compared nokia and other smartphones, and found very similar or i can say exactly the same part.

Is this true that all the hardware parts of the nokia mobile phone are same as the hardware parts of the other brands. Can anyone provide me bit info on this ?

Re: Hardware parts used in Nokia are same or different from other brands

Quote Originally Posted by Mick41 View Post
    Is this true that all the hardware parts of the nokia mobile phone are same as the hardware parts of the other brands. Can anyone provide me bit info on this ?
    Yes, the hardware parts you see in smartphones including nokia, samsung, HTC and many manufacturer's devices are usually the same. not all the time, but most of the time. This is because these companies dont make all parts themselves that are used in their mobiles. They use to have third party suppliers for all these stuffs. No company manufactures its own parts for building a particular device.

If they start doing this than i think there will not such a huge options (number of models) and even prices may go high. The dealers which deals in manufacturing the hardware parts, has many sellers. It is possible that you might have seen many of the components of the nokia are in the other brands phones. This completely depends on the company that from which seller it is purchasing the hardware parts.

Re: Hardware parts used in Nokia are same or different from other brands

Thanks for the great info Sasuke, but that is not completely correct.

Yes, the parts used in various branded smartphones are almost same but it depends on the stock available. Many manufacturers such as NOKIA use to order their customized parts for few model handsets that cannot be used in any other mobile. Also they make few parts themselves. Usually every brand make few special parts themselves and rest is important from a 3rd supplier. But if we talk about Samsung, it is today one of the biggest smartphone parts supplier in the market to supply the components to other mobile manufacturing companies.