Thread: Error "Loading list of notebooks failed. (405)" with OneNote for iphone

Error "Loading list of notebooks failed. (405)" with OneNote for iphone

I am having an iphone and I have downloaded OneNote app. The problem that I am facing here is that when I am trying to sync from settings then I am getting an error message saying "Loading list of notebooks failed. (405)". I am not able to login as well, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?? Is this an issue with the phone or the app??? Any suggestion?

Re: Error "Loading list of notebooks failed. (405)" with OneNote for iphone

I have checked about the same and have found some others facing the same issue as well but there are some people who have mentioned some workaround to be as working. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out.
    Workaround 1-
    First go to http://office.live.com and Click on My Documents, after that just rename Personal (Web) as "Personal (Web)" – along with the right spacing.
    Workaround 2-
    From Skydrive just change the name of the documents folder and then log in to OneNote from your iphone. When you do so a new Documents folder and new Personal (Web) notebook will get created by the app and they will get recognized as well. So if that works for you then you can move your old documents folder in to the new one.
    If just changing the name of the folder is not helping then you can try creating a new folder under my documents as well and see if you are able to log in.
    If that does not help then you can try out clearing the cache and even uninstalling and reinstalling OneNote app.

I have tried out all the things that have been mentioned above and below are the response I have found.
    • I have tried out renaming Personal (Web) as "Personal (Web)" – along with the right spacing and I have tried renaming documents folder and then log in to OneNote again but that’s not making any difference.
    • I have tried creating new folder under my documents but that’s not helping as well and I am getting the similar error message saying "OneNote cannot Sync, please visit the OneNote Support Site to find help or to report this issue. (Error 405)

Other than this I have tried clearing the cache and reinstalling OneNote app several times but no matter what I have tried so far I am not getting any luck. Is there anything else that I need to check out or something that I can try out further?? Any further help regarding this will be appreciative.

Hey friend I am running into same issue and I have tried following the solutions mentioned here but they are not making any difference in my case as well. Other than these solutions I have found some mentioning that deleting the duplicate folder which might have been created in Skydrive has helped them out. In my case I am having duplicate folder but they are displaying a message saying “Sharing information isn't available right now." When I am trying to delete them then I am getting other error message saying "An error occurred and Catalogue couldn't be removed. Please try again later.” I just wanted you to check out the same and find out if it is actually working or not as mentioned by others.

I will like to inform you that this has been a common issue and it happens with users having new Windows Live ID account. You might be facing the same when you might be trying to sync the OneNote app from your phone with cloud in Settings -> Sync Now right? If it is so then you will have to sign into Office Web Apps with your Windows Live ID at http://office.live.com/ and accept the terms and agreement without fail. After signing in to the web you can try syncing OneNote for iphone. This solution has really helped most of people facing "Loading list of notebooks failed. (405)", so it should help you out as well. If at all you face any further issues then feel free to ask.