Thread: Blackberry 9220 Curve keys freeze when typing fast

Blackberry 9220 Curve keys freeze when typing fast

I Have been using Blackberry 9220 Curve and I did not had any issue with the same. I don’t know what has went wrong with it now and I have found its key to be getting freeze when I am typing fast. It used to not happen earlier but now it happens frequently when I am typing. I have tried rebooting the phone a no of times but that’s not making any difference. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???

Re: Blackberry 9220 Curve keys freeze when typing fast

Have you tried out the below things:
    Soft Reset
    Press ALT+RIGHT SHIFT (CAP)+DELETE
    Double Soft Reset
    press ALT+RIGHT SHIFT(CAP)+DELETE and when the screen goes blank then press ALT+RIGHT SHIFT(CAP)+DELETE again.
    Hard Reset
    Take out the battery from the phone when it is on and insert it back after a minute and turn on the phone.
    Factory Reset
    From your home screen click Options icon> Security > Security Wipe and check mark the items that you might be willing to delete after that type blackberry and Click Wipe Data. Make sure that you are backing up your crucial data before resetting the phone as they will be lost after that.

I am not sure if this is actually an issue, it happens when I type fast as well but does not happen frequently. Anyways have you tried out the solutions that have been posted above? If that’s not helping then you will have to get your phone checked there are possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware fault.

So now I have tried Reset, Double Soft Reset, Hard Reset, Factory Reset but I have not got any luck with them. The keypad still freezes up when I type fast, it does not happen when I am typing slowly. I don’t think that there might be some kind of hardware issue as if it was something related to hardware then the keypad used to get freeze even while typing slow?? I am really getting irritated with this issue as I have a habit of typing fast, is there anything else that I can try out?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

See it’s hard to guess if it is due to hardware, even I think that it is due to hardware but I agree to what you have explained as well. A best idea will be getting the phone checked. If you want then you can try updating the software of the phone and check out if you are getting any help from it. If that does not help as well then there might be surely some hardware fault, probably with the keyboard and you will have to get it repaired. I don’t think there is any other workaround that you can try out for this issue. If possible then try updating the software of the phone and post back the result you get.