Thread: Will you buy $149 Smart Watch for your Android Phone

Will you buy $149 Smart Watch for your Android Phone

This is a bit unique product which I came across recently. I made this thread to find out how many of you agree to add a $149 companion for your Android phone. Now you have a Bluetooth headset or a wired headset, someone also carry extra battery, a case, etc. This all accessories are commonly used. Now Sony has a unique concept of using a smartwatch which can sync with your phone and deliver updates on screen.

A very small portable watch with touchscreen support. You have to download certain apps from Google Play to sync properly. So mostly you will not need to remove your phone from your pocket. Because your messages, events, etc are notified on the screen. The screen size is quiet small, so you cannot type messages on that. Second you can change music or run your playlist. You can also download apps from Google Play which will be installed directly in your phone. One thing that creates doubt in my mind, that will gadget is worth to buy. They do something better like adding a smalls speaker in the watch or a bigger screen where we can directly watch videos, etc and share that on a big screen.

For me the price mentioned in costly. You might look like bond impressing girls with your latest gadget.

Re: Will you buy $149 Smart Watch for your Android Phone

At price of $149 it looks costly, but the gadget is awesome. Anyhow it thought it is a phone watch. But no, it is just an addon for your phone. You can control navigation, read messages, etc. So does it is worth or it is for lazy people who do not like to remove phone from the pocket. I was hoping to get more feature here. Like a more bigger screen. Anyhow if this watch also supports sim then you can simply keep the phone at home and use it like phone.

A entirely different range of gadget. It offer live view of current phone screen. So if we talk about just a additional portable screen for your phone, which might not work on its own, then will you buy it. For example if I purchased a different phone which is not android then what. Will I be able to use it. The gadget is awesome no doubt, but due to limitation I am not able to make up my mind. I would prefer to buy a additional mp3 player in its place which has ability to sync with any phone I have. In that case I get a small lcd screen to view my pictures, videos, etc. That can be quiet a recommended choice.