Thread: 25/mo plan for LG Optimus Elite

25/mo plan for LG Optimus Elite

Hey guys please help me out and give me the exact information. I am really very much confused with virgin mobile. From past I have been hearing the VM is going to change the phone plan (I guess they have almost changed it), but I am not sure how exactly they are doing it. One of my friend says that the Elite plan is going to change and increase to $35 per month. Is it really true?

My problems are doubled because I already own a LG Optimus Elite and going to own another one soon by the mid of this month. But I have not yet cleared with the plan rates some says that it’s still going to be the same i.e. $25/month whereas others say that it is going either change or it has changed to $35. Now anyone who can tell me the fact please? If it’s really going to change then will it also update and change my already existing Elite’s plan which is going well at $25. $25 has always been affordable for me and if in case the previously purchased devices plan are also changed then unfortunately I will not just stop myself from buying the a new device but also I will have to sell out my existing Elite. Is there anyone is close enough to virgin and let me know the exactly details about the data plan. Even if you let me know the exact procedure check out the updates of the plan then it would be much better. I guess anyone having Elite can easily help me out soon.

Re: 25/mo plan for LG Optimus Elite

Ok! There is a place where you can check out your requirements and also get necessary details. Why don’t you simply check out the official site of Virgin Mobile? There you need to visit the FAQ i.e. frequently asked question section. i have read some related information from there. There it was clearly mentioned that the LG Optimus Elite plan will definitely change to $35/month. Obviously this applies to all the upcoming mobiles.

For the existing Elite I have yet information. Recently I contacted the Care support of Virgin Mobile regarding the same doubt. And there the support person told me that the plans are definitely going to change but depending upon the date of purchase. They mean to say that if you have purchased your Optimus Elite before 27th of May and if you manage to apply it into your account before the assigned date then you will not have to worry, your plan charges will remain the same i.e. $25 but if you get it after the assigned date then you will one amongst those who will be paying $35 for the same plan. Now everything is up to you. It would be better for you to stay with your existing phone and not to go for another one as the date has already crossed (its now 11 June). But still I would like to suggest you to again contact the official people of Virgin and get everything cleared from there. Have you checked your existing phone’s plan, are they charging you with the same previous amount?

When searched on internet about your query I found the following information. Just extract whatever and leave the rest. According to page information they say that virgin has got the best carrier pricing plans and therefore just to get the best phone you should visit Virgin especially for LG Optimus Elite. According to their default you will be cost $35/month and not $25/month. Yes, you heard it correctly, its $35/month. With this default price you will get 300 minutes for voice calling, then unlimited text messaging, then web and so on. If you want to get more additional talktime then you can easily get it but you will have to pay more for it, there it was mentioned $45/month for 1200 minutes of voice call. And if in case you are a kind of person you prefer calling more than anything else then you can end up getting unlimited voice calling that would bring you to pay upto $55/month. I don’t think it should be much for you if you are into endless calling.

Anyways if you are not a busy in calling kind of person then I think for you the basic plan of $35/month is more than enough. Dividing the $35, almost 96% of your amount goes into the data plan which costs you around $30. So obviously you are going to get the best data usage and internet access every month. You can easily get an experience of accessing the internet with the best speed and without any interruption but however the only interruption you have is with the limitation of the data, I guess you are going to get 2GB amount of data each month which according to me is more than enough. But still there is a drawback that kept me away from going for virgin mobile LG Optimus Elite. Heard that with the phone connection there is no hotspot so therefore it is not at all possible for you to use your portable device like laptop and tablets. Once if you cross the limit of 2 GB within a month then your data plan speed will be completely fluctuate until and unless you get your bill.

Here’s good news for some of the smartphone owners whose phones are previously manufactured. It has been clearly mentioned that some limited brands mobile phones like VentureTM, LG OptimusTM Slider, HTC Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG Optimus VTM, Blackberry CurveTM 8530 that are launched before the date of 1st May 2012 are going be considered under the old plan, rest all are going to come under the new plan of Virgin mobile. This means that your phone i.e. Optimus Elite is nowhere going to be subjected under this category so therefore it is not going to come under the plan of $25, no matter what you do, you will have to pay $35 from now onwards if your device is not one of the above listed ones.

Also it has been said that if you were a customer of $25 or $40 plan then you will have to increase $5 with each plan you use, this means that you will have to now pay $30 in place of $25 and $45 in place of $40. This is what the new rule says. Suppose if you have any of the above mentioned phones but if your phone is manufactured after the assigned date i.e. 1st May 2012 then do not think that you will also get the benefit of the old plan.

The most important thing I would like to tell you is that, do not directly switch to the new plan, you can simply wait for the succeeding month’s payment date to get activated. The reason is quite simple if you go for a new plan first of all your monthly payment date will be changed which is not exactly a problem but the moment you select the new plan you will have to pay for the new plan which will definitely change your payment date that I already said above. Most annoying thing will be that all your existing account balances like talk time, message and money will be completely gone with the new plan activation. Therefore it is much better to first utilize your existing plan with available balance and schemes and then go for this new plan.

You are being affected in either way, even if you stay with the current existing phone you will have to go for the new plan and if you are planning to buy a new phone even then you will have to go for the same new plan. Other than LG OptimusTM Slider and Optimus VTM other LG models are considered under the new plan. When read certain related articles and researched on web I found that Virgin Mobile did this only to make certain changes in their offering. They believe that they have from the time of stepping into the Carriers kept their policies and plan the same without any huge difference. Their pricing has always been the same; however they never failed to provide the best service and plans to their customers.

This new plan introduction is surely going to affect those big people who all keep on using the highest plans of Virgin. I mean to say that the customers who are beyond the talk plan are going to be harmed. Anyways for your convenience it would be much better for you to clarify with the support center and know from then whether your phone is considered under this plan or not as I have heard that this new plan is only for those who have upgraded to the smartphone that has been launched after 1st May . If its not then it would be much better for you to stay with the old one, most probably it will come under the new plan category.

For the existing Elite I have yet information. Recently I contacted the Care support of Virgin Mobile regarding the same doubt. And there the support person told me that the plans are definitely going to change but depending upon the date of purchase. They mean to say that if you have purchased your Optimus Elite before 27th of May and if you manage to apply it into your account before the assigned date then you will not have to worry, your plan charges will remain the same i.e. $25
    I completely agree with this information, even I have got the same response from the Tech support of Virgin. Recently I received a e-mail from them saying that my Optimus Elite is not going to be affected with any plan until I purchase it before 27th May 2012. But after reading this thread I am really very much confused, whom should I trust. Is the website speaking the fact or it’s the mail that I received. Even my friend says that he has confirmed from Virgin. The limited phones restricted to the old plan are not at all correct. Everything quite simple, if you are a Elite user who purchased it before 27th May then you can stay fine with the old plan. Do not worry at all. Elite is going to stay with the old plan (if purchased 27th May).