Thread: Does Nokia Asha 303 support Joikuspot?

Does Nokia Asha 303 support Joikuspot?

I had gifted my girlfriend a Nokia N97 for her birthday one year back and she started using it right away. All these time, all she is doing is to call and receive calls, send and receive messages, listen to music, browse internet and use Joikuspot tethering. She never uses the fancy features of this mobile phone neither she does any such work on it which will utilizes most of its features. I am thinking that I will get the mobile phone back from her and give her new Nokia Asha 303. Since it does not have many fancy features and will suit for her needs very well. But since she uses Joikuspot tethering often and is used to it, I wanted to know if Nokia Asha 303 will support it or not? Can somebody confirm it for me?

Re: Does Nokia Asha 303 support Joikuspot?

Joikuspot tethering is an application used to use mobile as a modem for laptop or desktop PC without having to connect it using wires or any other connecting hardware. This application is valid only for symbian phones and phones that can support S60 applications. Nokia Asha 303 is a phone which works on S40 system and Joikuspot tethering will not be supported by Nokia Asha 303. But you can put your query and request in the developer’s section. They might consider your problem and might bring out a new S40 version of Joikuspot for your phone.

Re: Does Nokia Asha 303 support Joikuspot?

I think that you will need to stick to the old method of connecting your phone to the laptop or desktop computer using wires to use your phone as a modem. Also using Joikuspot tethering needs high speed internet and to add to this, the network of the internet you use should be stable. Any fluctuation caused in it might cause the internet connection to break. Since Joikuspot tethering used to create a Wi-Fi network, it was less secured than an wireless network should be. An expert hacker or person having knowledge of such malicious activates could easily misuse this feature.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's