Thread: BlackBerry Curve 9380 text message icon disappeared

BlackBerry Curve 9380 text message icon disappeared

I have been using BlackBerry Curve 9380 and I did not had any issues with the same and everything was working fine by now. Just some hours ago I don’t know what went wrong with the same, I mean after a reboot I found the text message icon to be missing. Now I have to go all the way from email icon> view folder> inbox sms messages. I have rebooted the phone several times after that but the icon is not coming up. Is there anything I can do further to get the message icon back??

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9380 text message icon disappeared

There are possibilities that the icon might have got hidden somehow. Just press menu key > Hide Icon no make sure that there is no check mark for text message icon. If you don’t find it there then click all on the navigation bar and check out if the text message icon is there or not. if even that’s not helping then select an email account then go to options > Inbox Management and uncheck “Text Message Types” box.You can also try out changing theme and see if it is appearing. Just try out these things first and let me know what you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you might be facing.

Have you tried out making a hard reset or restoring the phone to factory setting? If not then try out the same and see if the icon is appearing.

• Hard reset: Press ALT + SHIFT (right) + DEL at the same time
    • Restore to factory setting: Click on option from home screen and click Security > Security Wipe. Now check mark all the messages application, contacts application and other applications along with the third-party applications as well as your Media Card, type blackberry and click on Wipe and you are done. Make sure that you are taking the backup of the date before trying out this.

If you are still not getting any help from the above solution then you can try updating the software of your BlackBerry Curve 9380 and see if you are having any luck with the same.

• First get the latest version of your phone from this site. BlackBerry - Updates
    • After downloading your os file to your system, check out in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml”.
    • When you are done with the same then plug in BB and double click "Loader.exe." which will be located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.
    • This process will take more than 30 minutes and the phone will reboot when the process gets finished and you will get a white screen displaying “"waiting for initialization." If everything goes well then the new os will get loaded. If at all you get small icons with 507 number then don’t panic and run Loader.exe again.

If you want then you can try out the below solution as well:
    • Just go to the App world after that download and install Blackberry Protect app.
    • When you are done with the same then make sure that you are rebooting the phone.

On reboot you should have get the text message icon back, just give it a try and let me know if that’s helping.