Thread: In the Launcher tray, how to remove Mobile ID in LG Optimus Elite?

In the Launcher tray, how to remove Mobile ID in LG Optimus Elite?

I brought an LG Optimus Elite yesterday and started using it. Today while travelling to my workplace, I thought of exploring the phone. While exploring, I was often clicking the three buttons in the bottom of the screen. Before using LG Optimus Elite, I was using HTC One X and it too had three buttons at the bottom of the screen. Both the phones use Android as its operating system. In HTC One X, there was an option in the settings of the phone to change the use of the three buttons at the bottom of the screen. Here in LG Optimus Elite, I searched a lot, but I never found that option. At present, by default the three buttons are set to dialer, menu and phone ID. In HTC One X, I had set these three buttons to dialer, app drawer and browser. There seems to be no way to change these buttons as they are hard coded. As I am habituated to old buttons, I would like to have browser instead of mobile ID in LG Optimus Elite. Can anyone tell me how to change the default hard coded buttons in launch tray of LG Optimus Elite?

Re: In the Launcher tray, how to remove Mobile ID in LG Optimus Elite?

I too have used LG Optimus Elite and I too am facing the problem because of the odd setting that the developers have installed in the launch tray of this phone. I know that many people who have used other smartphones in past which had Android as its operating system might find it difficult to use this phones launch tray in beginning. Even I couldn’t find any way to change the key bindings of the shortcuts in the launch tray. The only way to change this configuration according to me was to install a new launch tray. For this purpose, I installed an application that will provide me a new launch tray.

I use a application by name Home Switcher to configure the home screen of my smart phone according to my need. This application can be found for Android OS of LG Optimus Elite in the Google Play. This application is very useful for creating a new home screen for your smartphone. You can set this custom created home screen launcher as the default home screen for your phone. This application is actually designed with a purpose to have more than one home screen in one smartphone. This will help for easier access to the commonly used applications. But since we are having problem in using the hard coded launch tray buttons of LG Optimus Elite, we can use this application to set the buttons on the launch tray to our need. This application is not available for Android 2.2, which is Froyo. I think that you will need to install another version of Android in your phone to get this application running.

I suggest you to use dxTop Pro which will provide you with options to create an alternate home screen for your Android based smartphones. This application will provide you with many options that you can use to change the home screen as you wish. It will also provide you with a new interface. This application will let you hide the status bar in your LG Optimus Elite, create shortcuts for Application Drawer and let you drag and drop the shortcut of the applications on any home screen you want. The best part of dxTop Pro is that it doesn’t require much memory to operate. Thus, you won’t find your smartphone slowing down. Also it manages consumption of resources very well. When some other application needs memory, it will reduce its own consumption to a lower level. dxTop supports many themes that are released by the developers as well as created by the third party. These themes can be downloaded from Android Market for you LG Optimus Elite. Many smartphone with Android OS have only three switchable screens. But dxTop will provide additional two screens which can be switched among. This application will help you to set the browser instead of Mobile ID in your L LG Optimus Elite.

I too purchased LG Optimus Elite and was disappointed to find that one cannot change much from the home screen of this phone. I too wasn’t habituated of using the launch tray as set in this phone by default. But since we cannot change the shortcuts, I started using ADWLauncher. This application provides a good flexibility when it comes to changing the home screen of the smart phone. Using this application, you will get so many options to change the various attributes of the home screen that you can almost create a completely new home screen for your LG Optimus Elite.

You can remove the unwanted widgets, move icons to custom position and also set various shortcuts using ADWLauncher. The best part is that once you have created a custom home screen according to your choices and likings, you can save the changes in your memory card. So the next time you change your phone, you can insert the memory card in the new phone and again launch this same theme there. So now in your case, you were habituated to use of HTC One X’s interface. You can create similar interface in your LG Optimus Elite. So once you get habituated to it and in future of you change the phone, you can simply reload these settings. Thus, you won’t have to bother about changing the configuration again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I too wasn’t habituated of using the launch tray as set in this phone by default. But since we cannot change the shortcuts, I started using ADWLauncher.
    If you are using the ADWLauncher for your LG Optimus Elite, then see to it that you get the proper version of it. There are two versions available for this application, that is, Launcher Pro Plus and Go Launcher Ex. The difference between the applications is the ease in its use. In other words, you can say that Launcher Pro Plus is more of a development tool rather than daily use application. Though it provides a large amount of options and tools to make a theme, I won’t recommend it to use as after making the theme, it becomes more difficult to apply it. It will again provide you options to check the compatibility with your phone and many other such complicated options. While Go Launcher Ex will provide you with options and tools that are compatible with your phone only. So you can directly create the theme and configuration for your LG Optimus Elite and apply it immediately.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

As you are facing the problem of having hardcoded buttons in launch tray of your LG Optimus Elite, you can try using Nemus Launcher in your phone. It will provide you solution for your problem of key binding as it has capability to provide nine home screens on your phone. You can configure the home screen of your LG Optimus Elite and change it according to your use. You can set the buttons on your launch tray to any shortcut you want to have. This is possible as you will be able to create a custom launch tray with shortcuts of your own choice and preferences. This launcher is very simple to use as you can find many themes ready for download on Google Play. So you can just download the readymade theme and make minor changes you need. In your case, you can just replace the Mobile ID shortcut with Web Browser.