Thread: Google Wallet on LG Optimus Elite

Google Wallet on LG Optimus Elite

I have purchased LG Optimus Elite yesterday and I started using it. Today I was exploring the content of my new phone when I saw Google Wallet in it. I didn’t start it as I don’t know what it is exactly. I asked my friend about it and he told me that it a virtual wallet supported by Google. We will have to give our bank account details to it. Using it we can do transactions if the second person to has a Google Wallet. I got some idea about it but I wanted to know what will be special about the Google Wallet in LG Optimus Elite. Can anybody tell me about it?

Re: Google Wallet on LG Optimus Elite

As your friend told you about the Google Wallet, it is right. Google Wallet is an virtual wallet provided for transaction of money without you having to actually carry any currency or credit card. This feature is provided in LG Optimus Elite by default and you can use it for your money transactions. In LG Optimus Elite, when you start the Google Wallet for the first time, you will get $10 by default. This value will change from region to region and as difference occurs in currency. This virtual money is provided for you to try it out for the first time. I tried the $10 given to me at Alfie's Fish n Chips and brought myself a Pop Fish. The girl on the counter was so confused when I said that I am going to make my payment using Google Wallet. I had to actually talk to the branch manager who knew what Google Wallet is. If you purchase a connection of Virgin mobile, then they too will give you additional $15. So in total you will have $25 in Google Wallet if you buy network from Virgin Mobile. The first $10 will be credited to your Google Wallet within 48 hours of your phone’s activation and the other $15 that will be credited by Virgin Mobile will be after three weeks of activation. In coming days, Virgin Mobile is claiming that they will increase the amount of money in Google Wallet from $15 to $25.

I don’t think that Google Wallet will be safe to do money transactions as we will need to provide our details of our bank account or maybe credit card to get money in it. Also when the matter comes to money, we will need to give a lot of information to the organization through which we are doing the transaction. This information can contain personal information. So in short we our giving too much information to Google by using Google Wallet. Also when we use Google wallet at any outlet or shop, it will give information regarding our personal choices. I don’t know which stores and retail outlets are accepting Google Wallet in Liverpool, England where I live, but still I think that it is unsafe.

Being a girl I think that it is most unsafe for our use. For Example, I use my Google Wallet in medical store to buy some medicine. Then the details of transactions will have the name of the medicine I purchased. So in this manner I am revealing even the most discreet information about me, that is, what I am suffering from. I know this information won’t be misused by Google, but nowadays, every now and then we hear about hackers attacking the most powerful websites. For example, Sony’s Playstation Network was once hacked, this makes me worry. Also if I lose my LG Optimus Elite or any other phone with Google Wallet in it, my Google Wallet details might fall in wrong hands which can be misused.