Thread: LG Optimus Elite screen freezes on waking up

OMFG LG Optimus Elite screen freezes on waking up

I am having a LG Optimus Elite and it has been just a week since I have bought it. I was not having any issued with the same but now I have found the screen to be freezing after waking up. I was not having the same issue previously and I don’t know what has gone wrong with the same. Is there anything that I need to check out? When the screen gets froze then I am not able to do anything and I just have the option of removing the battery and rebooting the phone. This issue is getting very irritating now, it was happening randomly before but now this happens frequently. I just wanted to know if this is a hardware issue and so. Is there anyone who has faced the same? Do I need to get it repaired? Any suggestion.

Re: LG Optimus Elite screen freezes on waking up

There are possibilities that it might be due to a hardware issue. Since you have mentioned that the issue has started suddenly I just wanted to know that have you installed any latest apps recently?? If yes then delete the same and see if the issue is getting solved. Actually I have faced the same issue before where my LG Optimus V was working perfectly but then suddenly it had started freezing. I had tried rebooting the phone but it was not making any difference in my case. Later when I deleted the apps that I had installed at that while then the issue was solved. I am not very sure about your case but then you can give it a try and see if makes any difference.

Yes I had installed some apps but after your suggestion I have deleted the ones that I had installed recently but it was not helping. I have also tried deleting all the applications that I had installed and the phone is just left with the preinstalled applications and even after that it is freezing while waking up. The phone does not freeze when I am using it but it does only while waking up. Is there anything else that I can try out further for solving this?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I just wanted to know that have you tried resetting the phone to factory default ? If not then try out the same and let me know if it is helping.
    Turn off the phone> press and hold volume down key + power button> release the keys when phone turns on.
    Now you will be entering android system recovery menu, so highlight “wipe data/factory reset” using “volume down key” and press menu button. After that select “yes” using “volume down key” and click on menu.
    Once the process finishes then scroll down and select “reboot system now” and press menu button. When you are done with the same then phone will boot normally and will get restored to factory defaults.
    Make sure you are backing-up your personal information’s before restoring the phone to factory defaults as after restore those data will get cleared.

In that case I will like to inform you that I have tried rebooting the phone several times but it is not making any difference at all. I have tried out restoring the phone to factory defaults as well and I am still not having any luck with it. I have asked the same to some of my friends and they have said that there might be something wrong with the battery where as some has said that there might be something wrong with the hardware of the phone and I will have to get it checked from the service center. Since the reset solution has not worked out for me even I am feeling that there is some kind of hardware issue. What do you think about the same??

cool Re: LG Optimus Elite screen freezes on waking up

Hey friend I have gone through the same and have got the phone replaced. I am not having the same issue now but I don’t know what exactly was causing the issue. I had tried rebooting the phone, restoring it to factory defaults, deleting the applications that I had installed and even changing the battery. These things were not making any difference in my case, I had sent the phone to the reseller from where I had bought it and have got the replacement from him only. I was not able to interact with the service center, when I asked the reseller then he just said even he don’t know but he thinks that there would have been some kind of hardware issue. He was not sure about the same, since you have tried those possible solutions and you are not getting any luck I will suggest you to better send the phone for replacement.