Thread: How to block SMS Spam on Android phone

How to block SMS Spam on Android phone

I am very irritated with regular sms based on tons of offers and useless messages. The last week I saw there are around 80 messages in my phone. I cannot delete all of them directly as I had subscribed to some banking services. They too send me notification related to transactions. I have to check each of them and it took lots of time. Like in email you have a junk or spam folder. Is there any kind of application for android that can do this. Like I can list the numbers under block list and next time I would not receive any kind of notification from that. There are no regular mobile numbers they are either 5 digit number of text. Everything with a new number they repeatedly keeps on send spam messages.

Re: How to block SMS Spam on Android phone

There is a app for that called as Postman: SMS Spam Blocker. I do not know how this work but this app comes under the top list of spam blocker for android phones. Especially in sms. This a anti spam app that filer your phone and blocks those messages which are not required. There are options by which you can set filter to spam level in your folder. You will get a separate spam folder were all this messages will go. Second you can create a list of sends who are not spammer. This is a very light weight application. You must try this once.

Re: How to block SMS Spam on Android phone

I think there is no way for that. The app you purchase sometime ask for your mobile information which also sends spam to your phone. Do not provide your mobile number on on free services. They use this for advertisement purpose. Second thing also do not signup any free sms kind of service. When you are facing regular spam you can contact your telecom provider to block those numbers. Most of them are send from web so there is no actual mobile number used on it.