Thread: Can’t make Skype video calls on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512

OMFG Can’t make Skype video calls on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512

I am having Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am using Skype then I am just getting call option which gets connected to Voice calls. I don’t know why I am not allowed to make video call even when my phone is running on Android 2.3.6 and is having a Front VGA camera as well. I thought there was something wrong with the skype so I have uninstalled and installed the latest version of the same and I am still not able to make all. Has anyone faced the same with Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512?? I don’t think it is just me having this issue? What do you all think about this?? Any suggestions?

Re: Can’t make Skype video calls on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512

There are possibilities that your subscriptions options might have got messed and you need to change the same. I am not sure if this will work but you can surely give it a try. Just logon to Skype Support Network> My Profile> Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab and try changing the settings and make sure that you are saving the same and see if it is helping.

I have tried out the same and that does not seem to be making any difference. Anyways I wanted to share that I have just checked out the details of the skype application from the android market and there it has been mentioned that if someone is using Android 2.2 (Froyo) then they can enable video calling changing the Skype’s settings. If those settings will be unavailable then we won’t be able to enable video calling. There has not been any further information on the same. So I wanted to know if there is anyone who is aware of that setting??

I wanted to share that the setting that that has been mentioned for using Skype video call on 2.1 or higher android devices can be enabled by going in to "Skype settings" after launching Skype and selecting "enable video calling" option. If at all you are still not able to get it working then your phone might not be able to meet the minimum requirement that is required for video calling. It has been mentioned that even if it works then the video call quality will not be good and in some cases only the back camera of the device will work. Skype is aware of this issue and they are aware of the issue as well and they will come with an update on this soon.

These are the android devices that were added in the Skype video support list:
    • Acer A5
    • HTC Desire (2.2)
    • HTC Desire HD
    • HTC Evo 3D
    • HTC Evo 4G
    • HTC Flyer
    • HTC Incredible S
    • HTC Sensation
    • HTC Thunderbolt - Verizon (2.2) (US only)
    • LG Revolution - Verizon (2.2) (US only)
    • Samsung Droid Charge - Verizon (2.2) (US only)
    • Samsung Galaxy S
    • Samsung Galaxy S II
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia ray

Since Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 is not in the supported list you guys have to wait for their next update. As a number of people have been complaining about the same there are possibilities that you will be able to see Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 in their next update as supported along with other android devices.

Hey thanks for sharing the same, I have checked out in "Skype settings" after launching Skype but as mentioned I am not able to see the "enable video calling" option anywhere. So according to you all I will have to wait for next update right?. Since they have allowed Galaxy Y Pro Duos users to use skpye chat and voice call why have not they added video calling even when the phone is having a front camera with Android 2.3.6 os?? I am really disappointed with skype, I wish the enable video calling for Galaxy Y Pro Duos as soon as possible.