Thread: Getting error code 12017 when updating nokia asha 200

Getting error code 12017 when updating nokia asha 200

I own nokia asha 200 and when I am trying to update the phone using nokia suite then I am getting an error code 12017. I don’t know what is the issue all about, I have tried updating it several times but it is not making any difference and I am always welcomed with the same error message. I just wanted to know if anyone has updated their nokia asha 200 without any such issues by now??

Re: Getting error code 12017 when updating nokia asha 200

I am not having nokia asha 200 and I have not updated the phone as well but I don’t think there should be any issues as such. I just wanted to know have you tried resetting the phone to see if that’s making any difference in your case and allowing you to update the phone without any error. If not then try out the same and let me know if it is helping. I also wanted to know that to which software version you are trying to update? So that I can cross check out and find out if there are other people having the same issue. If it is a common issue then there might be a fix for the same as well.

I am trying to update to the Latest software release for Nokia Asha 200 which is 11.56. I wanted to share that I am trying to update to the same because I am facing echo problem with the phone. When I was looking after a solution for the same on the web then I found a number of people having this issue. I don’t know if it is actually an issue with the software side or the hardware but I have come across some people mentioning that they have solved out the same echo issue by updating their phone to 11.56. I also wanted to add that by now I have tried resetting the phone several times, I have tried other suggested solution like using other USB ports on the computer and reinstalling the Nokia Suite itself but no matter what I am trying it is not making any difference and I am still having the same issue. Is there anything I can try out for solving the echo issue rather than updating to 11.56?? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

You seem to have tried out the possible solution. I have not come across any other having such issues with the update. If you are not getting any luck with the solution you have tried so far,then a better idea will be contacting nokia support and check out if you are getting any help from the same. There are possibilities you will have to visit the nokia care center for getting this fixed.