Thread: Skype won’t ring when receiving a call on ipad

Skype won’t ring when receiving a call on ipad

I own a ipad and when I am getting a incoming call from someone using skype then the phone wont ring. I was not having this issue previously and it all started after ios 5 update. Is there anyone facing the same and having any idea about it?? While checking out for this issue I have found some people mentioning I need to uninstall and reinstall the skype application after which it will work fine. I have tried out the same but unfortunately it is not making any difference in my case. Is there anything else that I can try further??

Re: Skype won’t ring when receiving a call on ipad

I am going through the same, you are right this issue was not there before in iOS4 and it has started after updating to iOS5. I have crossed check by calling on my ipad using skype but even when the screen is on and is running in the background or even when the Screen is off I am not able to hear the ring. This is very irritating now,Like others I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling skype a number of times but it is just not helping. I have been looking after a solution for this in other forums as well but I have found more and more people complaining about the same issue. There has not been even an effective solution to try out. If anyone finds any update on this issue then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

In that case I will like to inform you all that this is not an skype issue but you might be having Notification 'off' because of which the incoming calls are not taking the ringing effect. You just have to go to set up > notification > Skype > set notification Center "on" > Alert Style (Alerts) > Badge App Icon (ON) > Sounds (ON). Just try out the same and see if it is helping. There are possibilities that you might be having "Mute all sounds." Button selected as well. For that you can Log into Skype> Tools> Options> and make sure that "Mute all sounds." Button is not selected and "ringtone" and "Connecting call." box are checked.

If trying out the above solution is not working out for you then you can try these out. Actually some people had mentioned that they were getting ringing sound but it was very low and they could not hear the same until they bring the ipad to their ears. So if you are amongst them then below solution will definitely help you out.
    • First launch the Skype and open the "Help" menu after that select Options> Audio Settings> and now check out for the speaker listing in Options window.
    • When you get the same then uncheck the "Automatically Adjust Speaker Settings" box and just slide blue volume slider towards right for increasing the volume and after that Press green play button for testing out default ringtones from skpye.

As far as turning on the notifications is concerned there are two places for doing the same:
    • Go to Settings>Skype settings> and set "Sign in automatically" to on where as "Go Offline" to Never, also notification should have Sound and Alerts ‘on”
    • Go to Settings>Notifications>Skype and set Notification Center to on, Alert Style to Alerts , Badge App Icon to on, Sounds to on, View in Lock Screen to on.

Hope that helps.

Problem solved with Skype alert ringer on incoming calls, firstly make sure the volume is loud enough or on high, on iPad go inti setting and select sound, next some iPad users use the side switch for screen orientation lock or mute, if one uses it for mute make sure mute is disabled and hey presto you will hear when someone is contacting you on Skype . Google luck, jonty 27 :