Thread: Memory card automatically restarts Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro.

Memory card automatically restarts Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro.

I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro from last 2months I did not had any issue with this handset, few days back I bought I 16GB Memory card for this handset after that I continuously facing a problem, my phone gets automatically restart after inserting the memory card and it keeps on restarting, but after removing the memory card it works properly and I tried a 2GB memory card in this handset which works fine without any restart issue. Please help,

Re: Memory card automatically restarts Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro.

This is the first time I am going through such kind of problem on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro, because its compatible with the 16GB memory card. I think there is a problem with Memory card which memory stick you are using? And if you have another handset or if your friends or colleagues handset supports the 16GB memory card then try that memory card in their handset then at least you will be able to find that problem is with memory card or in your hand set.

Hey dude thanks a lot for replying so quickly, even I thought in the same way, so after checking another memory card in my handset. I inserted that 16GB memory card in other handset but on the other handset it was working, there was no restarting issue, that’s why now I am bit confused because other memory cards works on my phone and that 16GB memory card works on the other handsets, and yes memory card is of Kingston.

Well guys I recently read in a news paper that it supports up to 32GB of SD card so I don’t think it’s a issue with size of the memory card. I strongly file that there is some problem in the memory card, it might be broken or corrupted. As you said you are not facing any problem with the other handset that’s because may be that handset didn’t detected the fault in the initially, In future the same memory card will cause some problem, in my point of view just buy or replace your memory card.

Well dude I am very sure that the problem is due to the memory card itself as the above user said the memory card will cause any other issue with the other handset, other than restarting the handset again and again. Because on the Sony Ericsson they have stated this in “power troubleshooting” section due to the corrupted or broken memory card the handset will not start or the handset will restart gain and again, so buddy just buy a new memory card and the problem will be solved.

Guys I done all the cross checking but nothing worked for and after reading the last post I checked it on the Sony Ericsson site, they have stated about the same issue on the site and they have given the same explanation about the problem. So I tried other company memory card and surprisingly it worked for me so the problem was with the memory card as you guys have said, thanks guys for helping me out. I was bit worried because I thought there was something wrong in me handset. Thank you,

hi,i am having the same problem,but i bought 2 GB memory card with the xperia x 10 mini and it was working perfectly..i bought them about 3 months earlier,and the restarting probem started recently..after reading these posts i've removed my card and hopping that it solves the problem..bcoz i love this phone..

hi,i am having the same problem,but i bought 2 GB memory card with the xperia x 10 mini and it was working perfectly..i bought them about 3 months earlier,and the restarting probem started recently..after reading these posts i've removed my card and hopping that it solves the problem..bcoz i love this phone..
    So is your issue solved or not???

no,the problem is not solved..it stoped for a few days ,then it is back again..and now it is more problemetic...it is takin several restarts this morning...until all my battery is finished...and now i dont know what to do,after the battery will be finished..what if,it wont start again??
    can any one help me??
    i suggest everyone ,never buy a sonnyerricssion..never..

Quote Originally Posted by shadgeya View Post
    no,the problem is not solved..it stoped for a few days ,then it is back again..and now it is more problemetic...it is takin several restarts this morning...until all my battery is finished...and now i dont know what to do,after the battery will be finished..what if,it wont start again??
    can any one help me??
    i suggest everyone ,never buy a sonnyerricssion..never..
    It seems like either there is some sort of software glitch that can be resolved by upgrading/degrading firmware, or perhaps a hardware fault itself. Have you tried to completely wipe off the data from the mobile phone by just restoring it to factory settings, or hard reset, if not then do it asap and let us know the results that you get.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"