Thread: Skype is not working with Nokia X7 with Belle

Skype is not working with Nokia X7 with Belle

I have recently purchased Nokia x7, I have update my phone to nokia belle. I was previously using skype verison 2.1.023 but I am not able to put my username and password on skype. I have noticed there is new version of skype for mobile phone that is 2.4.5, I am not able to download it from nokia official website. I am also using whats app but I can increase the volume of my whatsapp. Can you please help me what is the exact problem I am not able to understand and nor able to fix it.

Re: Skype is not working with Nokia X7 with Belle

Well I think you must re install the Nokia Belle, I think Nokia X7 got to many personalization, I am currently using Nokia Nokia C7 with skype and its working fine for me. So ill wait for the next update of skype to update it to new version.

I would recommend you to visit nokia store website from your computer and also send the application to your mobile from nokia website. If you are still receiving the compatibility error message while installing, re install nokia belle from your nokia pc suite. If problem still presist then you must take a back up of your mobile phone, and do a hard reset. Please check the hard rest code below.

Quote Originally Posted by harshal View Post
    I would recommend you to visit nokia store website from your computer and also send the application to your mobile from nokia website. If you are still receiving the compatibility error message while installing, re install nokia belle from your nokia pc suite. If problem still presist then you must take a back up of your mobile phone, and do a hard reset. Please check the hard rest code below.
    As suggest by you I have followed the above guidelines after doing the same I am still getting the error. I have tried to install another application on my mobile phone and working fine I think there is some problem with skype itself. I really don't want to hard reset my mobile phone because I have lots of application in my mobile phone which I cannot download later on. Thanks for your help and suggestion.

Please follow the below steps to fix your problem.
    1. Goto Nokia OVI store from PC.
    2. Select "Nokia 603"as your device & log in into your OVI accont. (Because Nokia 603 runs on Belle and official skype is available for download for nokia 603 in the ovi store.)
    3. Type Skype in search field.
    4. Skype will be shown in the list of applications.
    5. Download Skype via PC, Ovi suite must be installed on your PC to download and install Skype on your X7. I have myself done this today. It worked 100%. Hope it will help you.