Thread: After updating skype in iphone 4s, getting "account::DB_IO_ERROR"

After updating skype in iphone 4s, getting "account::DB_IO_ERROR"

I have been using iphone 4s and I did not had any issues with the same while using Skype. Now since updating Skype app to the latest version when I am logging in to Skype then I am getting an error message saying "account:: DB_IO_ERROR". I have tried uninstalling and uninstalling Skype again as well but it is not making any difference. Is there anything else that I can try out for getting rid of this issue??? Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?

Re: After updating skype in iphone 4s, getting "account::DB_IO_ERROR"

Even I am going through the same, I don’t know what is the issue all about. I have tried uninstalling and installing Skype several times and it is working fine and not loading contact picture but then I run into same issue after logging out. I have found some people mentioning that they were able to fix this out by turning of autologin where as setting disconnect to immediate and forcing skpe to quit and logging in manually. I have tried out the same but it is not working out for me. I wanted to know if there is any other alternative method like this for using skype

I am not very sure if this will work for your iphone or not but I have come across one having the same issue with ipad and he was able to get rid of the login issue by deleting the history. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it is actually helping or not. If that does not help then I think you will have to probably wait for the skype to come up with an update on this issue. I don’t think that there might be any other solution to fix this since uninstalling and reinstalling have not made any difference in your case.

Hey guys I will like to inform you that a number of people has faced the same and had raised this issue as well. Skype support was aware of the same and they have come up with an update on the same. If you want then you can check out the below link. Just get the updated Skype from there and see if the login issue is getting solved or not.
    Login Issues with Skype for iOS 4.0 apps