Thread: Best Apps for PS Vita

Best Apps for PS Vita

Hello friends, now here’s an interesting question for you all. Can anyone help me out in letting me know the best applications that may be suitable for PS Vita? Mine is Sony PS vita Android 2.3 platform and I am very much confused in choosing the best compatible apps for this device. Platform is not a real concerned for me as I personally feel that it doesn’t matter for the app to run only on limited platform. Just be free and let me know your chosen app that you prefer to run on your device’s platform.

Currently my top favorite apps for my PS Vita are Pulse, Documents to go and aCar. Beyond this if any can suggest me anything then it would be much better. My only intention is to know the most preferred and liked app and get it into my portable PS Vita. Also if possible you can let me know what kind of apps in future you would like to see in PS Vita. Expecting a lot of suggestion, opinions and discussions over here.

Re: Best Apps for PS Vita

I am not a play station freak also I do not prefer using such portable devices but I do have a habit of knowing everything and keeping information of some of the selected technical products. Amongst those products comes the PS Vita, I have learnt that last year Sony announced some of the few limited apps from all different sections that would have supported PS Vita. Some of the announced apps were Facebook, Skype, Netflix, Twitter and foursquare. These apps were considered under social apps. Other non-social apps were Music Unlimited, Flickr and youtube. Also it was said that these apps might be easily available through the official store of PlayStation. I don’t think you need to take anyone’s suggestion or make such threads just to know about the best apps available for your playstation. You can refer any playstation store or even you visit the official website of PS Vita and get the necessary information from there. Anyways I did my best and provided you with the best detailed information possible. Hope I helped you out in some way.

That’s a pretty good start I must say. The above information is somewhere useful and helpful. As said above sony officially announced a year ago that during the time of its official launch Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter and Skype were the apps that were available from the time of its release but not the other applications that have been mentioned. They just announced about the other apps would be available in the Playstation suite but they didn’t reveal any other information about those apps, neither had they announced the official release date. I am one amongst those who are really very much excited to see what interesting apps they are going to make available in the device other than the above social apps.

My personal preference would be a calendar app. I know there are many impressive apps available currently but I always wanted a calendar in the device that would sync to the SEN and with this calendar I would get all the latest information and news about the new and upcoming games and other updated details. Other than this calendar app I would love to get a browser and a mail app. specifying both the thing in browser I would want a dolphin browser and amongst the mailing app I would want a gmail app. That’s it; if these wishes are fulfilled I would be very much happy.

The first app that I like the most is Pulse that you have already mentioned in your thread. Trust me this is one of the most interesting app because I have found that amongst all the news reader apps this one has the best features. It keeps me up to dated with all the news at each and every hour. You can keep this apps updating yourself at any interval of time say minute or hour basis. Its not just update you with the gaming and technical news but also it let us know the things going on with respect to the music, gadgets and other things.

Overall I just wanted to tell you that whenever it comes to a news reading apps for PS Vita, other than Pulse there no other apps that comes into the picture. The reason why people prefer Pulse as a best news reader for PS Vita is because this app seems to be very much easier and much better than any other apps.

Other than Pulse I would like to have two extra ordinary apps, they are GNotes and GTasks. These both apps are something that are very much interesting. The best part I can seen in both of these apps is that they have the able of keep the entire track of all the notes and task that I need to do. And other to that GNotes can simply sync with your Gmail account. This helps me in extracting everything that I wanted from my account and view it anywhere at any time at any place without any kind of interruption. There are few other app that I like very much such as Shazam and aCar which was again already mentioned above. Unfortunately Shazam has not yet been official been declared for PS Vita due some of its non-compatible existing features.

I know it would sound quite funny but I am doing nothing more than answering your question. As you asked to describe my own desired app, I am doing the same. I have always been a day dreamer, loves to be in between skies, stars and moon. I hope you got what and how my desired app would be. I would need such an app that could easily open up the galaxy and explore everything existing there. As we all view on internet and television, the same way I would like to watch stars, planets and other asteroids giving me all the necessary information as I hit or click on anything. Everything should come up with the best effects or even a HD model of the galaxy is better for the view quality. As soon as I click on the galaxy I should be getting the solar system and after clicking on any of the planets I should be able to get entire information of the planet including minute information of the number of moon, the temperature and etc. lets see whether they come up with such app or not.

Over to this the existing apps that I like the most currently are Kik messenger. Although I didn’t get this app till now anywhere for PS Vita, I am in desperate search of it. Other than Kik messenger a calendar app would be better to sync with other calendar of facebook and windows live etc.

Not one or two there are number of apps that I would want to see on my device. I can’t stop or limit myself from naming the apps that I want to see in my device. I like getting different kinds of apps and using them but importantly all the apps should and must have a unique and different feature. Anyways my lists of applications are Alarm Clock, notepad, FM radio, Skype, youtube, Playstation Home and many more.

However amongst those apps until now I have been successfully able to get the AM/FM app as it took interest in this app the most. But definitely I would love to get several other apps that I have listed above and my next target would be getting Skype for sure then it would be Video Unlimited but I would go for this app only if it seems to be well and better than the other similar app i.e. Netflix, I will be very much strict in this thing.

Externally, I would want a common app (timer kind of app) that would help me to set the time while I play any music. It should help me to turn off the device automatically if I ever get busy in my other personal work or if I sleep at night while listening to the music, the Vita is on. As the time limit exceeds Vita must turn off automatically. It should also be able to turn off an individual app that I leave opened unused for a longer period of time. I am sure a timer kind of app would be very much helpful and interesting for those who prefer hearing music or have a habit of leaving their Vita turned on and unused without knowing. This would be one of the top app that would control the other apps and the entire device.