Thread: nintendo wii screen goes blank when playing Super Mario Bros

nintendo wii screen goes blank when playing Super Mario Bros

I own nintendo wii and I have been enjoying a number of game on the same. Today I bought Super Mario Bros disk and the problem that I am facing while playing the game is that the screen turns blank after some time. I don’t know what is the issue all about? I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same or have an idea about it?? Is this issue because of something wrong with my nintendo wii or with the game??

Re: nintendo wii screen goes blank when playing Super Mario Bros

In that case I just wanted to know if you are having issue just with Super Mario Bros or with some other game as well?? If you are having this issue with just Super Mario Bros game then there might be something wrong with the game and you can try deleting it from the Wii's system memory and redownloading it form Wii Shop. If you are facing the same issue with all the games or most of the games then there might be some kind of hardware fault in your nintendo wii and you will have to get it checked.

I don’t think that there is any kind of hardware fault in my case as I am not having the same issue with other games. This screen is turning blank just for Super Mario Bros game and that too after playing it for some time. I am quite sure that there is something wrong with the game but I don’t know what. After your suggestion I have deleted the game from the Wii's system memory and have downloaded it again from Wii Shop but unfortunately the problem is still the same. The screen is still turning blank while playing the game. Is there anyone else who has faced such issue with this game?? Any suggestions??

In that case I will like to inform you that I have come across a number of people having such issues just with downloaded games and not the preinstalled ones. This happens when you download games which were originally released for NES or SNES. So if you are amongst them then you can try out the below solution.
    • First connect your Nunchuk your Wii Remote and select Virtual Console game and start the game. Now when the game starts then press home button from the Wii Remote and Select “operations manual”.
    • After that Press Z, A and 2 Button simultaneously until you get a sound. When you are done with the same then Close the home menu and see if the game is working fine after that.

Just try it out and let me know if it is helping you out as well.

I have just now gone through some articles and have found that this issue is with new games that run at 480p resolution. This issue has been reported by a number of users these days. There were no such issues with older games which were designed for interlaced display. It is not that the newer games won’t work but after some time the screen either turns black our turns blank. There has not been a fix for this and the developers are still working on the same. As far as a workaround is concerned you can press buttons Z + A + 2 simultaneously until you get a sound as already mentioned above.