| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2009
Re: How to update Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy Y
Well, i can let you know the tutorial but before that i would like to say that installing Custom Roms or Rooting requires good knowledge. If you are new to this, dont attempt. Because a small mistake can brick your smartphone. So better get it done with someone who is aware of what he is going to do. Here are the steps to install ICS Aura Rom on Galaxy Y S5360:
- Do a complete back up of your device because while installing ROM your device will be formatted and you may lose all data stored in the phone.
- Now Download and install Clockworkmod Recovery on your phone.
- Now enable USB Debugging by going to Settings, click Applications, now click Development and check mark the box infront of Enable USB Debugging.
- Now click here to download the Aura ROM and save it to your computer.
- Once done, connect your mobile to PC via USB Cable and copy Aura Rom on your mobile SD card. (Put it somewhere that it can be easily accessed in recovery mod.)
- Once done, disconnect the device from computer, remove USB cable and turn Off your phone.
- Here starts the main process. Now press hold Volume up + Home key and press Power key to boot the device in CWM recovery mode.
- Select "Install zip from sdcard", navigate to the sd card and select Aura Install zip.
Now wait for few minutes, dont do anything. Installation will take some time. once it is done your device will reboot automatically. Thats it. You have just installed Aura ICS Custom Rom on your Galaxy Y. Enjoy.