Thread: Skype video call not working on Motorola Xoom

Skype video call not working on Motorola Xoom

Hello friends i am facing a problem with Skype in my Motorola Xoom. Am using it from long time on my same device and it was working properly before i updated it to 2.6. Actually i updated it after getting pop-up message from skype itself to update. But from that time I am not able to use Skype at all for making video calling. I am just not able to call any one. As soon as I start Skype it gets freeze. Does anyone else facing this kind of problem. Please help me out.

Re: Skype video call not working on Motorola Xoom

Yes you are not the one with such a problem. I am also having this kind of problem but I am able to call users and even I can see my own face on the screen before calling but as soon as the receiver receives the call it freeze Skype and screen goes blank. This all started after I updated to 2.6.0.75 version. I guess this is the problem of the latest version. So I think now I will have to again install the previous version Skype 2.5.4.162.

Quote Originally Posted by Theking View Post
    Yes you are not the one with such a problem. I am also having this kind of problem but I am able to call users and even I can see my own face on the screen before calling but as soon as the receiver receives the call it freeze Skype and screen goes blank. This all started after I updated to 2.6.0.75 version. I guess this is the problem of the latest version. So I think now I will have to again install the previous version Skype 2.5.4.162.
    Same here I am facing the same problem as you all are facing. But as you said that you will have to install 2.5 version again, is there any method by which we can degrade the Skype back to that version. Or we have to install it again. Please help me with the steps.

How to make Skype Video Calling Work on Motorola Xoom Tablet:
    If you have installed 2.6 version you will have to uninstall it completely from your phone. For doing this you need to go to All settings --> Choose Application --> Manage Applications --> click on Clear Data --> Uninstall.

Now you will have to install the previous version of Skype (2.5.4.162) from Google Play.