Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can we make free call via Viber on Blackberry

Portable Devices

Old 05-06-2012

Can we make free call via Viber on Blackberry

Presently i have 2 mobile devices, that are Blackberry Curve 8500 and a HTC Wildfire S. HTC is an Android Phone where i downloaded Viber from Google Play. Its really an useful application that allow us to make free calls viber-to-viber and even send free messages all over the world.

So I am just interested to know if Viber is available for Blackberry or not. As I think it should be available but I am not sure?

Old 05-06-2012

Re: Can we make free call via Viber on Blackberry

Yes, it is available for BlackBerry as well but you wont be able to make calls from BB Viber like you do it on Android. With Blackberry Viber you can only send and receive SMS and photos.

You can use all its features on iOS and Android device, but viber is restricted to sms and images for Blackberry and windows Phone 7.
Old 05-06-2012

Sounds interesting. I am using an Android device but have never heard about Viber. As you guys discussed above about its free calls and sms, it really impressed me. I think its an useful information. Am going to download and install it right now in my device but request you guys to please make me know how to configure it properly. Thank You.
Old 05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zared View Post
Sounds interesting. I am using an Android device but have never heard about Viber. As you guys discussed above about its free calls and sms, it really impressed me. I think its an useful information. Am going to download and install it right now in my device but request you guys to please make me know how to configure it properly. Thank You.
Viber does not require any account or registration. Once we did the download from the BlackBerry App World we only need to select our country and enter the mobile number. After that you will receive a code via SMS Viber in few seconds. That code you will have to insert in the box, now you can use Viber. There are many software which can make free calls like Reptel, tringme which are used for Blackberry. You can try that out also. I don't know much about them but some of my friends told me that this do works like Viber.
Old 18-06-2012

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D team.

Viber is indeed available for Blackberry but as a Beta version that allows you to send messages/photos and location.

Voice for Blackberry is currently under development so please stay tuned for updates!

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Viber team

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,