Thread: What is new in interface of Ice Cream Sandwich

What is new in interface of Ice Cream Sandwich

Android 4.0 Aka Ice Cream Sandwich is a new mobile operating in Android Series. Yet there is no other version declared after this. Before it, Gingerbread which is 2.xx series is the most successful Android OS. So there is good expectation with ICS. The article here discuss on the new interface of this mobile OS. It is a matter of curiosity among Android users that what new will be provided in upcoming version. The most important thing till yet Android is not able to achieve is good battery performance. Because of rich interface still many Smartphone suffers from low battery output. But we can hope something better here in Android 4.0. The official website of Android offers an in detail information related to the new add-ons on ICS. Going for that might be time consuming. So on the base of personal experience and a minor reference I had made this article to give short and simple information on what new you are going to get on Android. With a small introduction of Ice Cream Sandwich, you are going to have a more better touch interface, higher multitasking support, better and more customization option, and easy to sharing options. It will be possible to modify your widget size also. What mostly matters is a good UI so that users can easily interact with various applications. It is being said that Android 4.0 will be rich UI. It is more visible and gives more navigational support. Upcoming phones will be more gestured based instead of fast touch support. A gesture based screen identify your finger movement and react on that basis.

Android 4.0 is based on better resolution and more polished interface. We had clearly noticed that much better version of android came with richer interface. The developers intended to work hard in improving multitasking here. You can simply switch your apps and perform other task in easier way. Like additional of features called as Recent App or simply activating camera without unlocking the screen. I had noticed that in Gingerbread the screen lags a while when updates are running in the background. There is more need for better memory management. Anyhow above 50% of your ram is always occupied and ICS might comes more improvement. Surely in the coming time the phone screen size will increases which will demand higher resolution. If you can go on web then surely have a look on Android 4.0 home screen. It is more customizable than any other device. You can group your icons as per requirement. This is not yet available in any existing version. Also if that is possible in the menu then you can tons of apps.

Android 4.0 is will provide users to get easy notification on their screens. The tab browsing feature let you to access more information at single time. Android developers are still working hard to provide a good voice support which is yet a not fully accomplished. Compared to Siri, Android needs more development that area. It is being assumed that Android 4.0 will be more responsive over voice support. The new voice engine can be run 24x7 without affecting the phone performance. Based on the usage experience it will keep on improving in coming time. Dictation will be better, as the OS will decide automatic punctuation. Yet one thing that really fascinates me the data usage monitors which tell us every time the amount data used. The same then can be restricted for those who are on paid service. Right now there is not service on Android that can help to restrict data usage. Many apps in the background download constant updates which are not aware off. Also it is found that ICS will be more functional for visually impaired people. There will certain feature where it will generate audio message or audio when used. By this people with poor eyesight can also use this phone more easily.
    • List of New Features in ICE Cream Sandwich
    • Multitasking
    • Re-sizable & Grouping Widgets / Icons
    • Effective User Interface. System Bar addition.
    • Better Animation & Rich Gesture Support
    • High Resolution output for clearer screen
    • Virtual buttons for easy accessibility.
    • Easy Notification Support
    • Favorite Apps Tray.
    • Access Camera / Notification directly by unlocking screen
    • Quick Response messages for incoming calls
    • Spell Check support. Automatic Punctuation.
    • Better Voice Control Support. Improved and faster Voice Recognition Technology.
    • Data Network Usage Monitor and Restriction settings.
    • Accessibility features for Visually Impaired users.
    • Interlinked contacts, profiles, social networking users via Me profile.
    • Better Calendar and Voice Mail support.
    • More camera features. Video Editor. Screen Sharing
    • Cloud Support to sync your content.
    • Better Web Browser experience. Better Email Connectivity.
    • NFC-based sharing. Face Lock Feature.

Re: What is new in interface of Ice Cream Sandwich

I am sure that Android 4.0 is going to provide a better output. I got a chance to use Micromax Funbook which came with Android 4.0. The interface is awesome. I had also tested a bootable usb version of Android 4.0 from androidx86. I tried my best to use internet but that does not worked. Anyhow it is for sure that if all those features which are mentioned above are correct, then this will help us a lot. I hope they might work on battery management also.