Thread: Wifi signal breaks on Nintendo Wii

Wifi signal breaks on Nintendo Wii

I am having a Nintendo Wii and I do enjoy playing games on it but I am having a problem with its Wifi signal. I don’t know why but it keeps breaking because of which I am not able to play well and even the game lags some time. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the router. I have restarted the router several times and I still get the same response. Is there anything else that I can try out to fix this issue?

Re: Wifi signal breaks on Nintendo Wii

In that case you should check out the below things:
    Make sure that you are not having any loose cables or connections as they can result in weak signal and even breakdown.
    • You should keep your USB access point closer to the Wii to avoid range issues.
    • You should check out and make sure that there are no metal objects like stair banisters, metal speakers near the wireless access point as they can corrupt the signal.
    • You can try pointing the router directly at the Wii and see if it is making any difference in your case.
    • You should not have microwaves, unshielded speakers etc near the Wi-Fi access point as they can interact and make the signals Weak as well.

Just check these things out and let me know if your issue was due to the mentioned things.

There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the Wii but to narrow down the cause of the issue you should first trouble shoot your router. I have found people having such issues but I will like to inform you that most of the people were facing this issue because of their router. By the way which router you are having and who is your Internet Service Provider. Some routers as well as Internet Service Providers have been found to be incompatible with Wii console's online features. So make sure you are not amongst them. You can refer this to find out the same. If you are sure that your router and Internet Service Provider is not from the incompatible list then you can try updating the firmware of the router and check out if it is making any difference. If you still face the same issue and you are sure that there is nothing wrong with your router then you should better get your Nintendo Wii checked or call 1-800-895-1672 for assistance.

If the above solutions are not making any difference in your case then you can try changing the Wii console's settings to "Static IP". For that you can go through the below steps:
    • First Access your router's settings and check out for the available range of IP addresses within the DHCP and select one of the available IP addresses.
    • If you are not able to find out range of IP Addresses in the router settings then you can use "IPCONFIG/ALL" command in the command prompt to find out the same.
    • Once you get one of the available IP addresses then enter it manually including Subnet and Gateway addresses. When you are done with the same then you will have to enter the DNS server information in to the Wii but make sure you are entering same as that of your computer. If at all you are having only a primary DNS listed then you can use that number in primary and secondary slots of the Wii's settings.

Just try out the same and see if it is helping you out in getting better signal.