Thread: Nintendo Dsi does not charge

Nintendo Dsi does not charge

I have been using Nintendo Dsi from six months and I was not having any issue with the same. Everything was working fine by now but I don’t know what went wrong with the same and now it is not getting charged. When I am plugging it for charging then the lights are not coming up. I have tried keeping the charger plugged to it and turning it where after that it says it is completely charged. When I unplug the charger then it dies after 5 minutes and so. This issue started suddenly, I don’t have much idea about it?? Can it be due to some kind of hardware issue? Is there anything I can try out to get it working?

re: Nintendo Dsi does not charge

I think that there might be something wrong with the battery. Have you tried out inspecting the battery and checking if it is connected properly or not? If you want you can check out the golden fingers of the battery by which gets connected to the Nintendo Dsi for charge. Just try clearing the same and see if it is making any difference or not. If that does not help then you can try using a new battery.To narrow down the cause of the issue you can also try out using some other charger as well and check out if it is helping. If not then there are chances of some hardware issue and you will have to get it checked or repaired. Just check out what I have suggested and let me know what you get for further help.

Re: Nintendo Dsi does not charge

Hey thanks for your interest but I will like to inform you that I have tried out the basic trouble shooting like cleaning the golden fingers of the battery as well as Nintendo Dsi’s. Doing that did not make any difference, it is turning on fine when I am using a new battery but it is still not getting charged. I have tried using other charger as well and it is still not getting charged. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the battery but it is something else that is causing this issue. I have checked about the same on the web and I have found some people mentioning that this issue is because of fuse. So I just wanted to know how can I check it out is it possible to replace the same by myself or I should take it to the service center.

Re: Nintendo Dsi does not charge

Since you have checked out the battery and there is nothing wrong with the same I think there is something wrong with the consoles main board in your case. If you want to check out the fuse then I will like to inform you that there are two fuses. One is near the power connector whereas the other one is under side of the battery. In order to check it you will have to take the board out, if you have experience with soldering then you can replace the defected fuse or solder a wire across for the bridging purpose. If you lack experience then a better idea will be getting it repaired from the service center. Hope that helps.