Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to disable lock screen on Samsung Focus through registry edit

Portable Devices

Old 02-06-2012

How to disable lock screen on Samsung Focus through registry edit

I am having the Samsung Focus windows phone. I am very much disturbed with the function of the auto lock of the screen. I donít like this function in the phone hence I want to disable it. I asked my friend and he told me that I have to disable through editing the function in the registry. I donít know how to edit registry in my phone. Can anyone tell me that how can I do this. Please do suggest me the application by which I can edit the registry.

Old 02-06-2012

Re: How to disable lock screen on Samsung Focus through registry edit

Well I am aware of this problem and have fixed with from registry. I can tell you the process but you should be aware that editing registry is very critical part. Here are the step to edit the registry in the Samsung Focus phone
Go to HKey_Local_Machine -> Control Panel -> Lock -> Disable Never key will be dword: 1.
Now Double click the dword and change its value from 1 to dword:0 .

Once done with that, save the registry. Now check for the options in the screen lock settings. You will find that one more option of never is added in the list. Select the option to keep the screen unlock. You can also check all the other functions in it. All the functions in the phone will be working as it is. Editing registry will not cause any damage to the phone. You can edit the registry easily but donít edit other items in the registry as it will change the functions which you will edit unnecessarily.
Old 05-06-2012

Re: How to disable lock screen on Samsung Focus through registry edit

Thank you Dorkfoot for the reply you gave. I have done with the registry editing and now I am able to use the phone with never screen locked.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,