Thread: Need advice on Aspire One D270 Ram Upgrade

Need advice on Aspire One D270 Ram Upgrade

I cannot find any help on maximum amount of ram I can use on Aspire One D270. This is a small notebook running on Intel Atom processor. I need some info on ways to upgrade ram. What is the maximum size I can use. I had seen some sites offering around 4GB ram for this device. But I cannot purchase that blindly.

Re: Need advice on Aspire One D270 Ram Upgrade

Aspire One D270 is a portable notebook which comes with 1GB DDR3 RAM. I am not able to find the exact chipset used in this laptop. If that can be found, then it becomes easier to provide you information on hardware upgrade. Because it entirely depends on the motherboard you have. So if the motherboard does not supports 4GB ram you cannot use it. The best thing I will recommend you to contact Acer for that. Contact them and ask about the upgradation. Also do not purchase hardware for any store. Buy from official sources only, so that you are not be cheated. Can you provide the detailed specification. Do one thing download CPU-z and install that in your system. Go in Mainboard section and check the chipset. Notedown that and post here. On that basis I might help you to find the exact ram amount you can go for. Also remember that the upgrade on laptop is costly in comparison to desktop.

In my views it is not worth to upgrade ram on this notebook. The processor used in this laptop is Atom N2600. This is a mobile processor which is simply not meant for heavy processing. You can add a 1GB stick more without worrying. But do not go above that. Or simply get a single 2GB stick if available and add that. That might be more than enough.

Do not go for any upgrade. This notebook does not supports higher amount of ram. You will face lots of compatibility issue. It is right that you must contact acer to get the right suggestion. I had seen a the same laptop faced lots of issue after adding a 2GB stick. Also there are no sites on web which can give you complete hardware specification of this notebook. Even if you find the memory, the placement is very complicated. You will have to open the entire lower panel to fix the chip. If this was a laptop it would have been much better. You might require to stay happy with what you have right now.

I had already wasted $14 on that. I purchased a 2GB stick for that same model which did not worked. I had called a technician. He had wasted a lot time in opening up the entire unit. The system does not turned on after fixing the ram. Later on he went empty handed and told me that this notebook has some compatibility issues. The most you can do is carry the laptop to any acer service center and ask them about upgrades. Because they can provide you an appropriate solution for that. And if the system is under warranty do not open that with your own hand. You might loose your warranty.

Hi PParker,

The details of the maximum RAM supported are given below:

Upto 2 GB DDR3 - 800 Mhz System memory in a with one SO Dimm Module for N2600 Series Processor

Upto 4 GB DDR3 - 1066 Mhz System memory in a with one SO Dimm Module for N2800 Series Processor

(Based on the processor the memory expandability will also increase.)

If you have any further questions, please contact us on our Facebook page with your notebook's model number, date of purchase, and your contact details. An Acer representative will contact once your details are provided. Acer is committed to provide you the best service and support, always.

Regards,
    Acer India