Thread: Poor Battery of nintendo Wii. How to improve ?

Poor Battery of nintendo Wii. How to improve ?

I own a Nintendo Wii and I use the same for some hours every day but just after a couple of days the Wii remote battery gets drained. It gets drain too fast. I have heard that the battery of Wii remote should last for 30 hours but I don’t think it is lasting for more than 20 hours and so. I don’t know where I am going wrong, so is there anyone who can give me some tips for saving Wii remote battery. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Poor Battery of nintendo Wii. How to improve ?

Yes, if you are having a brand new set of alkaline batteries then it should last for 30 hours but it is not the same for everyone. I mean the life of the battery depends on quality, age, the game you might be playing, remote speaker volume etc. if you are using a rechargeable batteries then you should make sure that you are having Nickel Metal Hydride batteries for the remote. For saving the battery you should put the Wii into burn-in reduction mode. When you put the Wii in reduction mode the remote will go into sleep mode automatically when the wii is turned off. This is one of the smartest way to save battery. For charging Wii remote you should use DreamGear charger or Nyko charger station as recommended. If you are using rechargeable batteries then you should use recommended batteries like Duracell NiMH hybrid cells or Sanyo's Eneloop hybrid cells as they have been found to last longer as compared to the other batteries that are present in the market.

I personally prefer rechargeable Ni-MH batteries rather than using charging dock for charging the Wii remote. I have found that the Wii Remote charging dock works fine for some days and they run in to issue further after a moth and so. There has been a no of complain by the customers of Nintendo Wii saying that their charging dock have stopped charging Wii Remote or does not charge it completely and so. The other reason I prefer rechargeable Ni-MH batteries is that they are not just restricted to the Wii Remote like charging dock and can be used in other appliances as well. Even I was using Wii Remote Charging stations but I really did not found them worth and I have finally switched to rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. They are cheap and last longer if you get one with higher mAh. I also wanted to add that even though the DreamGear charger and Nyko charger station are said to be the recommended ones I don’t think they are actually worth getting. I have tried both of them and frankly speaking DreamGear and Nyko station does not last longer and they don’t even do a full charge so better stop using them and get a Energizer 8-packs and they will really last longer.

I completely agree to you using charging dock for charging the Wii remote is really not a good idea rather one should get rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. They are being used exclusively for charging Wiimote now days. The best things I like about the rechargeable Ni-MH batteries is that they can be charged by various means. I mean if you get an usb charger then you can even charge them using Wii console if you have a set in spare. I have found some people who have started using ones which are powered by solar panels as well. The other benefit of getting a rechargeable as mentioned is they can be used in some other electrical appliances as well.