Thread: Unlock iPhone 4 which is not under AT&T Contract

Unlock iPhone 4 which is not under AT&T Contract

I need help to unlock a locked iPhone 4 that is purchased by my friend from a nearby retail shop. It came with AT&T sim in it. I had checked the phone documents which showed that there is no AT&T contract it just came with the sim connection. Now the issue is that AT&T just announced that they are going to unlock all those phone which are out of contract. Is this phone is eligible for that or not. My friend has purchased by paying the full amount which is higher in comparison to unlocked one. If this phone also comes under the same thing, then it would save some money to go for unlock.

Re: Unlock iPhone 4 which is not under AT&T Contract

In my views you might need to contact AT&T for that and provide your cell information. So that they can tell you that your phone is in contract or not. If the same is verified then you will surely get the unlock version. The phone will be unlock automatically after connecting to iTunes. Even if you are using any existing iPhone with contract for years you can simply pay a small fee to terminate the contract and use the phone with any sim available in the market. It is good for those who had purchased the phone under a scheme the surely there will be some kind of amount that user will need to play to get the phone unlocked.