Thread: After putting Acer Aspire 3820TG on hibernation, display wont turn on

After putting Acer Aspire 3820TG on hibernation, display wont turn on

I own Acer Aspire 3820TG and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am putting the laptop on "Hibernation" then on resume the display is not running on. It just shows a blank screen and I have to force it to shutdown and restart it to get it working. This happens randomly when laptop resumes from Hibernation. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about a fix?? I am just running out of ideas. I have asked regarding a fix to some of my friends and most have them have suggested me to stop using the Hibernation but I don’t think doing that it is of any sense. I mean the laptop should work fine with these modes, I have cross check it with other people in my office having the same laptop and they are not having any such issues. I have been trying out to track out the cause of this issue in my case but I have not got any luck yet. Is there any workaround that I can try out here??

Re: After putting Acer Aspire 3820TG on hibernation, display wont turn on

Your issue seems to be weird and appears like a hardware problem. I am not very sure about the same but as far as a workaround is concerned you can try connecting the laptop to an external monitor and try reproducing the same issue. If the external monitor is displaying well after resuming from hibernation then you should check out the LCD cable/ribbon of the laptop. There are possibilities that it might have worn out and so. Since you have mentioned it happened randomly I can’t think of anything else that might be causing the issue but you can try using and external monitor to narrow down the cause of this issue in your case for now. Just check it out and let me know what you get for further help.

question Re: After putting Acer Aspire 3820TG on hibernation, display wont turn on

Hey thanks for the same, I have now tried out using an external monitor and I am not having the same issue there. So this means that there is something wrong with the lcd of the laptop right?? In order to check out the worn thing I will have to open it up, will that be voiding the warranty of the laptop?? Are you sure that it might be because of the LCD cable/ribbon? Or there are other possibilities of this issue as well?? I doubt if it is due to hardware issue but since the external monitor is working fine I am not sure about it. What will you suggest? Should I open it up and try to fix it or I should better get it fixed from acer service center? It has been more than 10 months but the laptop is still under warranty. What will be the best idea?

Re: After putting Acer Aspire 3820TG on hibernation, display wont turn on

I can’t think of any other possibilities causing this issue. I had come across one who was having similar issue with his laptop and in his case there was something wrong with the gpu. Replacing the gpu had helped him out but since your laptop is displaying well when connected to an external monitor I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the gpu. For checking out the LCD cable/ribbon you will have to open it up and that will be voiding the warranty. If you have experience with opening up hardware’s then you can check out the cable and replace them if they are torn. If you lack experience in that then visit the service center and getting it fixed. Since your laptop is still under warranty the best idea will getting it repaired rather than repairing yourself.