Thread: Ebook Readers die if its battery is also dead

Ebook Readers die if its battery is also dead

Anyone who can take me out of this confusion? I had a plan of buying an ebook reader soon by the 1st week of June. I am a book worm kind of fellow and love reading all type of books (no matter whether it’s an academic book). But however I have got bored now, not by reading of course! I am bored of holding the book in my hand and reading; therefore as I already said I will be buying an ebook reader. After researching a lot I found that Kobo Wifi ebook reader would be the best one which fits my budget and also suites my personality but there’s a problem. At the retailers shop when I checked out the demo product I found information written over there which says that if this product’s battery is dead the device is no more usable.

Now I am not sure where exactly that information pointed towards. Does it mean to say that if the battery is dead, it can’t be replaced or cant be repaired? Is the information I read true? If yes then, Do they don’t provide any warranty on the device or the battery. How long its battery can live without creating any issue? And lastly, is it worth buying this device? Anyone who have bought a Kobo ebook reading? I am sure then can provide me the best details about this device. This is the first time I am going to buy an ebook reader so therefore I do not want to take any kind of risk and end up landing into a big mess. Anyways, hope I will at least get one or two answers of the questions that I have placed here.

Re: Ebook Readers die if its battery is also dead

To be frank, this is the first time I am hearing this information about Kobo Wifi ebook reader. I don’t think the battery could die so easily. At least they will work and function to a certain given period of time without creating any problem. Obviously battery do start creating problem after a particular period of time in a device and Kobo reader is also a device which is going to have a battery issue at any point of stage.
    After reading your thread I did managed to gather certain information about it. I found that this device comes up with an extra User replaceable battery. Now the most interesting thing is that this replaceable battery can be replaced with your own self effortlessly. And however its not just Kobo reader but I thing almost all the devices that runs with battery does allows the customer to buy an extra replaceable battery (I don’t think Kobo is anywhere a special case). You will have to pay for that extra battery if it doesn’t comes under warranty. Better you confirm it with the retailer from where you are going to buy this device.

A small advice, always keep a habit of backing up your data from your Reader in order to be safe and prepared for any worst scenario that would take place with your device due to the dead batter or something else.

Yeah that’s right, until now I haven’t seen or read about any Ebook Reader that comes up with a non-replaceable battery so definitely Kobo might help you with replacing the battery if it get defected or bad. There are number of manufacturers or vendors that provide User-replaceable batteries but not sure with Kobo as I am not even familiar of this name. However you can go for such brand Reader that could assure you with a replaceable battery in future rather than taking a risk with Kobo. Fortunately, if in case, Kobo provides a replaceable battery then fore sure they might give it for a fee.

Such thing does matter a lot so there’s nothing wrong in worrying about it. Its not that all the devices come up with a user replaceable battery, sometimes it does depends upon the type of device you have. I am sure you must be knowing that in few devices it becomes quite difficult for replacing the battery as we are suppose to open up the device completely, only then we can replace it. In such cases we are tend to take help of an expert of the Care Center. But if the device has a slot in which we need to just snap in and out the battery then yes, you need not have to take any risk or visit the Care Center for the replacement. Such kind of device battery is known as User replaceable battery. I have a jetBook Lite with me, I bought it a year ago and you know, this device runs on a Four AA flashlight batteries. Somewhere I feel that all the ebook reader devices do come up with huge amount i.e. eight rechargeable batteries and also with a single charger. Such facility is provided so that whenever in any case the existing batteries charge goes off or if it’s empty you can easily carry on your activity with your another new set of battery with just a simple swapping.

Batteries are always replaceable even after a year or two, battery replacement has no age limit until your device no other hardware related issue.

But anyways taking the back up of your data is really the best idea, I would surely support that suggestion. Take the back up to your computer system and if possible take in some portable USB drive or DVD.