Thread: CPU usage 100% on HP Envy 15t-3000

CPU usage 100% on HP Envy 15t-3000

I am using the HP Envy 15t-3000. Whenever I see the CPU used then that comes as 100 percent. I am not running any heavy application in my laptop then also the CPU uses goes to 100 %. I thought that the problem is with the operating system and so I tried by reinstalling that but that makes no difference. I am getting the same performance again with 100 % CPU uses. Now I cannot guess any other reason for this problem and so posting here to get some suggestion. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: CPU usage 100% on HP Envy 15t-3000

There must be some process that is consuming more CPU. To know which process is consuming more memory, you can simply open the task manager by clicking alt + ctrl + del. Now click on the process tab. It will show the list of all the processes running in your computer. Click on “mem uses” and that will sort the processes by the memory uses. The process which is at the top is the one that creates the problem for you. If that process is not required to you then you can end that process and all the other processes that are consuming more CPU and running without any reason.

If you want to reduce the CPU access then you can go through the steps give n below. I am sure that it will speed up processing of your laptop and will reduce the total CPU uses. All you have to do is , disable all the background running application:
    1. Go to start and from there click on Run.
    2. In the text box of command prompt, type "msconfig.exe"
    3. From the window, that opened, go to the "system configuration utility".
    4. Now click on "service" or "startup" tab
    5. It will show you some of the programs, just uncheck all the programs that you are not using.
    6. Finally click on “OK” and see the CPU uses.

Are you having more than two antiviruses running in the same PC? If that is the case it will make your system crawl. It happens because the two antiviruses are conflicting the processing of each other and that consumes more CPU. In this case, you must uninstall the any one of them and the system will start running with the normal CPU uses.

Just check if your system is running the svchost.exe process. If this program is running in the computer then I can ensure that this is the only reason for the problem. If you want to get your computer to the normal CPU uses then you will have to clear that process. I am posting the method to do that. I hope you will find this helpful.

1. Go to start and click on Run.
    2. There, type "services.msc".
    3. Scroll to the "DNS Client" and then right click on that and select Properties.
    4. Choose the Manual from the "Startup type" drop down menu.
    5. After this, click on apply and OK.
    6. Reboot your computer.

There is more possibility that your system is affected by the virus. There are many of the similar cases like this. Are you having some antivirus software installed in your computer? If you don’t have antivirus installed on your computer then you should install the Microsoft security essentials in running windows OS. Update that for the latest virus definition. Offline update is also available for this and you can download that from Microsoft. Do a complete scan of your computer and heal the threads that it detects. If this is due to the virus infection then this will surely work for you.