Thread: Does Sony Xperia U supports usb on the go

Does Sony Xperia U supports usb on the go

Hi guys I need to know if the phone can support the USB on the go, so that we can connect the USB drive to the phone and use it when required. I am planning to get a Android phone and this is my choice. I need to know does this phone support the USB on the go. I have looked every where but there is no information on this.

Re: Does Sony Xperia U supports usb on the go

I was too thinking of getting this phone as well, so yesterday night I went to the local mobile store and ask for this phone. The store person showed me. It is really awesome phone no doubt but I learn that it don’t have the external memory slot. This was shocking. He told that I can connect the usb on the go and use the USB drive as the external source of the memory. So I am sure that it can support the usb on the go. It has only 4 GB in build memory and that I guess will not be enough for me and I certainly don’t want to carry the big set of wire and USB stick separately. So I changed my mind to Sony Ericsson Neo V which has almost the same spec but has external memory card support and upgradable to Android 4 Ice cream sandwich.

A far as I know the phone is supporting the USB OTG one of the handy feature. I don’t understand why external memory slot is not on the phone. I see no reason for that, almost very phone now a day’s comes with external memory slot and if not that at least have kept the memory up to 32 GB which is simply more than enough.

The phone has the support for the USB OTG, you can connect the pen drive on the phone and use it as you need to but there is something that you need to know. All all USB drive will not work with the phone. Like for example few USB drive need more power in comparison to other and if the handset was not able not able to supply that kind of power than it will not work. And the fact that usb on the go wont just connect the USB drive on to the phone but it can also be used for connecting the mouse, keyboard and the most important of all is the USB gaming controller. So I think this phone is not that bad after all .