Thread: HP Pavilion dv7-6195us display driver crashes when watching videos

HP Pavilion dv7-6195us display driver crashes when watching videos

I have recently bought HP Pavilion dv7-6195us and everything was working fine but I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. Now whenever I play any video from PC or video sites, my display driver simply crashes. For more info, i would like to say that it wont happenes when i first play the videos, but if i pause it in between and resume it back, than my driver crashes.

I have been trying to find out the possible cause of the issue but I have not got any luck here. I don’t know why it has started happening suddenly. I had never faced the same before. Is there anyone who has come across such scenario and has an idea about fixing this??

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-6195us display driver crashes when watching videos

Your issue seems to be weird, anyways I wanted to know that have you tried out updating the drivers to the latest or some different versions of drivers. If not then try out the same and let me know if doing that is making any difference in your case or not. I also wanted to know if it is happening for some particular movie or videos or it does the same for all? Have you come across any errors as such when the display driver crashes? If yes then make a note of them same and post it here so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you out with the same. Also try out the suggested things and report back the changes you see for further help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoana View Post
    Your issue seems to be weird, anyways I wanted to know that have you tried out updating the drivers to the latest or some different versions of drivers. If not then try out the same and let me know if doing that is making any difference in your case or not. I also wanted to know if it is happening for some particular movie or videos or it does the same for all? Have you come across any errors as such when the display driver crashes? If yes then make a note of them same and post it here so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you out with the same. Also try out the suggested things and report back the changes you see for further help.
    Thanks for your interest but I have already tried updating the graphic card driver to the latest. I have tried out a number of different drivers thinking that it might be a driver issue and will help me out but doing that did not made any difference and I am still having the same issue. This happens for all the movies and videos that I play and it is just not with some particular ones.

I have not come across any errors as such but I have faced blue screen, where I did not had any option to fix it rather than forcing the laptop to shutdown and start it again. This issue was quite random previously and I did not gave much attention to the same but now it happens for most of the time making me feel there is something serious with the system. I have tried inspecting the system and I have not found any things to be suspicious by now. I really want to find out the cause of the issue somehow and fix it out, so is there anything else that I need to check out?

Is there any other solution that I can try out for fixing this? Can this issue be because of some hardware failure and so?

Can you let me know the system configuration? I am not sure if this can be caused by hardware failure but if you think so then you can try out using some other graphic card and check out if you are getting the same response or it is working fine. If it works fine then there is something wrong with the card in your case and if it does not then you should proceed testing out the ram and the HDD. You can do that by turning off the Notebook and powering it on and press F10 simultaneously to load BIOS screen.

After entering the bios run the test on hard drive and memory under the Diagnostics and just post the result that you get there. You will come to know in the result if there is something wrong with the hardware. Just try out the same and let me know what you get.

HP Pavilion dv7-6195us Notebook PC system specification:

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • 17.3" diagonal high-definition + BrightView LED display (1600 x 900)
    • 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor (2GHz) with Turbo Boost
    • 8GB DDR3 memory
    • Radeon HD 6770M switchable graphics with 1024MBGDDR5 memory
    • 1TB (2 x 500GB) dual hard drives
    • Blu-ray player and SuperMulti DVD burner 802
    • 11b/g/n wireless LAN with Widi Beats audio and triple bass reflex subwoofer
    • 9-cell Lithium-Ion battery

I have run the test and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the hardware as I have got the following result.

HARD DISK TEST
    • SMART Check: Passed
    • Short DST: Passed
    • Long DST: Passed

MEMORY TEST
    • Passed

START-UP TEST
    • Memory Test: Passed
    • SMART Check: Passed
    • Short DST: Passed
    • Optimized DST: Passed
    • Batter Test: Primary - Passed
    • PCI Device Check: Passed

Is there anything else that I can try out further? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I am aware of this issue but updating the driver should have helped. I wanted to know that have you made a fresh installation of the driver of you have just updated it over the old one. If you have updated it over the old one then better uninstall the old driver completely and use some kind of uninstaller for the that task. When you are doe with the uninstalling process then install the latest driver from the hp site and see if it is helping.

Even I have found that this issue can be caused by software as well as hardware, if updating the driver in that way does not help and since you have performed the above test where it appears that there is nothing wrong with the hardware then I will suggest you to better contact the hp support and address them the issue you are facing along with the workaround that you have tried so far as check out what they have to say about the same. Best of luck.

I had updated the graphic card drivers by going in to the control panel, which means I had updated it over the old ones but now after your suggestion I have uninstalled the graphic card driver completely and have tried installing the latest driver as well but unfortunately it is not appearing to be making any difference.

I have contacted the hp support as well and have address then the solutions that I have tried so far, they have suggested me to better check out the nearest service center and find out what is the issue all about. So is there any other solution that I can try out further or I should simply visit the service center? What will you suggest?