Thread: Thin bar at the right side of Sony Xperia U

Thin bar at the right side of Sony Xperia U

I am planning to buy a Sony Xperia U because of its plastic design and sheer surface area. It is light and comfortable to hold. One of my friends has bought the same phone and looks really very nice. But before going with the purchase I had a question on the design of the Xperia U. At the bottom of the screen there are three icons in the transparent strip. There are some corresponding dots on this strip. What is the actual use of this strip or else at least make me understand why this strip is kept transparent.

Re: Thin bar at the right side of Sony Xperia U

It is just added to make your Xperia look more stylish and more beautiful. If you see Sony Xperia S and Xperia P then you will not find this feature in them. It is one of the Headline features of Xperia U. You will find the same transparent bar in Xperia S and Xperia P but in only Xperia U has one which changes colors, the color of the transparent bar depends on the color of the screen. It can be photo, web page or even music. It is one of the best features I have seen as it is the first time that such a feature is added to the mobile phones. Hope you like this and go with the sale.

It is really a very good feature that the transparent bar will change its color according to the screen color but I it has raise one more question in my mind that can we off or disable this feature for some time. I asked this because suppose if I am watching a video or a movie so it will be so damn distracting as the transparent bar will keep changing the color as per the video color and this will distract us. There are even possibilities that the regular change in color of the screen may affect the transparent bar or the icons.

Just be relaxed friend as nothing will happen. I would like to tell you that the transparent bar does not change its color while you are watching a video or a movie. So there would be no question of it getting it damage. Unfortunately you cannot disable this feature as off now Sony has not come up with any such application, setting or software. Truly saying I don’t even think that Sony will come up with something such. The Icon are connected by an antenna so don’t worry it has nothing to do with the light.