Thread: Invalid PDF file error on Apple iPad tablet

Invalid PDF file error on Apple iPad tablet

I am having Apple iPad tablet and am happy with all the features that it is providing but the only problem is when I try to open any PDF file then it shows me an error that says “Invalid PDF file”. Now I can’t read any of the PDF notes that I have downloaded from internet. There is no problem with other file formats. Can somebody tell me how can I get this problem resolved. Please reply ASAP.

Re: Invalid PDF file error on Apple iPad tablet

Yes, this is common problem with the default PDF viewer that you get with the iPad. If you want the best viewer for the PDF then you can go for GoodReader. GoodReader is an app from which you will be able to read the PDF files on the iPad without any lag or glitch. They have recently updated the GoodReader version to 3.8. With this update they had brought many features similar to switching between newly viewed documents. It is provided with the side menu from which you can have a quick access to the functions of GoogleReader. Developers of this software have paid special attention to the design. It will provide a standard way to exchange the data with iTunes. This will provide the access to network shares and servers, and because of this, you will be having documents from a local file server as fast as on the iPad from Dropbox and Google Docs.

With a small built-in browser you can browse the Web and download PDF files. Alternatively you can also type a web address directly and immediately start the download. If the PDF file is very big then also you will not be having problem to view that because it is provided with the scrollbar. Toolbar can be made hidden so that you can have full view of the PDF. You can create folders and organize files according to your choice. So we can also call it a good file manager. In addition to PDF and TXT, app also reads DOC, XLS, PPT, HTML and various image formats. This application requires iOS 4.0 or higher.

Re: Invalid PDF file error on Apple iPad tablet

I think that the PDF viewer that you are using to open the PDF file is corrupted and because of that you are facing such problems. Anyways, if you want then you can also use the iBook to read the PDF files on your ipad. Here are the steps to do that.

1. Start the iTunes and connect iPad with computer from USB connection.
    2. Go to the library and click on the books.
    3. Now drag the pdf into the iTunes window and you will get the PDF into the iTunes books list.
    4. Click the PDF icon from iTunes window and go to books tab which is there at the top. You will get the PDF file list that you have imported.
    5. Now click on “Sync Books” and check the checkbox for every PDF files and finally click on sync. It will copy the PDF files into your ipad.
    6. Once it is completed with the sync then you can disconnect the ipad from your computer.
    7. Click on iBook on your ipad and it will start the iBook app.
    8. You will see the PDF at the top, click on that and you will see all the PDF that you have sync.
    9. Now you can open and read any of the PDF by taping on it.