Thread: How to get back missing Blackberry Torch logo next to Facebook posts

How to get back missing Blackberry Torch logo next to Facebook posts

Hello friends, I am using the BlackBerry Torch mobile phone from last couple of months and I had recently started using Facebook App. I am having some problem/doubt when I post anything on facebook. Whenever I post something then I am not getting the blackberry logo in front of my posts. In place of that, I am only getting the text as "sent via Blackberry..". Is there someone who had faced this same problem? Please reply if you have some solution for this issue.

Re: How to get back missing Blackberry Torch logo next to Facebook posts

I think that you are not using the official app 'Facebook for Blackberry' which is made by RIM company. If you are using any application other than this then you might get the issues that you are facing. So just remove that app from your phone and then go to the blackberry app world. Look for the blackberry facebook app over there and download/install that in your phone. You will not get any issue with any app downloaded from the blackberry app world.

What is the version of the application that you are using with your phone? I think that you are having some older version of app and because of that you are facing such problem. You must try to install the latest version of the fb software. I think that it is Facebook app v.3.0.0.17. Try this and see if your problems gets resolved or still you are getting the same problem with that as well.

There is one trick that I found from the web. You can try to do that and see if that helps. You just have to give a reboot to your phone but in different manner. Make sure that all the applications in your phone are closed and then remove the battery directly from the bb torch. Keep the battery outside as it is for about 5 minutes and after that insert that back and turn on your phone. Now start the facebook application again and login with your facebook ID and password. I really don’t understand what’s the logic behind doing this but there were many people who found this useful. So I hope that it will be useful for you as well.

Hey, this is not a glitch. Your phone and facebook app is working the way it is supposed to be. I would like to tell you that if you are updating the status from the blackberry facebook app then only you are going to get the blackberry logo next to your post. Other than this if you do anything then that comes up as 'sent via blackberry'.