Thread: Opera browser download for Windows Phone 7.5 mobile phone

Opera browser download for Windows Phone 7.5 mobile phone

It seems like there are huge number of users want to get Opera browser for their Windows phone 7 smartphone. I can see several requests on various sites regarding the same. Me too looking for the same now since you know well the reason behind it. Still I will explain it a bit. Web pages load on Opera browser will not take much amount of data because the pages first loaded on the opera server, compressed and re-directed to your phone’s browser. So there will be a huge amount of compression rate which you could never imagine. I can see almost 70% of compression rate on other phones and it can be easily noticed with the amount of data used during the current session.

However Windows phone 7.5 currently has a best browser from Microsoft and that is IE 9. But users who rely on mobile data connection usually prefer Opera mini as a standard browser on their phone. Yet there is no confirmation from the opera side about when they are going to release. I hope that they are currently working on it. Any leaked information would be very helpful to make us happy.

Re: Opera browser download for Windows Phone 7.5 mobile phone

As far as I know that there is no official opera mini browser for Windows phone 7 or 7.5 mango update. It is really big drawback for those who are real fans of opera browser but personally I don’t like that browser. Luckily some has managed to port the Opera Mobile 10 Windows Mobile app to Windows Phone 7. I don’t know how he did that but he had succeeded to port it and browse. But the problem is this port technique or hack only works on fully-unlocked ROMs.

As I am a opera fan, I love to hear that finally IE on Windows phone 7.5 got a competitor. With this hack, I hope that the Microsoft and opera might start an agreement to bring a compatible mini browser to this platform very soon. Otherwise the competition could lead to the end of IE 9 on Windows phone 7. Basically I have experienced browsing on IE 9 on my Samsung Omina and I have found that pages take too much time to load even with 3G connection. It is really unacceptable.

The users who have ported the Opera Mini on Windows phone 7 cannot browser through landscape mode. It is one drawback which I found recently but I hope that XDA will bring fix for this very soon. Make sure to use Opera MIni .xap file. To unlock the ROM, flash the phone with DFT ROMs.

It looks really strange that how opera have been unofficially ported to Windows phone since it is not a open source browser. If it was it could be previously managed to get into Windows phone 7. A little hacking is truly needed here and also a unlocked ROM. Without this you cannot port but unlocking ROM could ruin your phone. It will also void the warranty on your phone.