Thread: Track and block lost BlackBerry Torch 9800 mobile phone

Track and block lost BlackBerry Torch 9800 mobile phone

Few hours ago i lost my BlackBerry Torch 9800. How can I track it and block it remotely? Is there any good service from Blackberry to track and Block the phone remotely? My fried once lost his mobile but he could not able to track the position of the phone using the protect service but he successfully deleted all the data on the phone. I am also looking for a same thing to protect my phone and its critical data like contact number, email IDs, password, notes and messages. It would be better if I can able to block the phone completely or at least delete the data remotely. I know that it is hard to track but I assume that using good GPS tracker it would also be possible.

Re: Track and block lost BlackBerry Torch 9800 mobile phone

In order to track the phone, you must have GPS enabled on your phone, without the GPS it is very hard to find the device unless your network carriers have special support for it. Some network provider have support for this but once the SIM card is removed from the phone there is no way the phone can be trackable. Also the phone should have a GPS tracking application installed on it. For example: BlackBerryProtect or SmrtGuard. With these apps it is possible to track the phone either by the use of Blackberry PIN or IMEI numbers. RIM does not provide a special service to track and block the phone. But you can contact your carrier's customer service to find out about this service.

Re: Track and block lost BlackBerry Torch 9800 mobile phone

Every mobile has a unique IMEI number either it is a blackberry phone or some other phone. You must note down it somewhere else. It is very important. It will be very helpful when your phone has stolen or lost. While it lost, you can report it to your carrier to block phone by giving them the IMEI number.

Network provider will put your phone's IMEI in a shared database called as an Equipment Identity Register (EIR). When you lodger a complain about stolen phone, they will make the completely block to other network service providers and IMEI no is transferred to Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR). It is a kind of blacklist. Now the phone will not work on any network.