Thread: Random calls are made automatically by my iphone 3gs

Random calls are made automatically by my iphone 3gs

I have been using an iphone 3gs and everything was working fine by now but I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly since updating it to 4.1. I have found that it is making random calls to the ones in my contact list. I was not aware of the same until the dialed up people called me again and informed me that they had received a call from my number. I thought they might have misunderstood but when I checked out the logs then I found them to be right. I have tried locking the phone but it is not making any difference and it is still making calls randomly. I don’t know what is the issue all about and I am still trying to track out the cause of this is issue.

This happens randomly and mostly when the phone is kept still somewhere or in pocket and I am unaware of the same most of the times. The phone is now simply disturbing others as well as affecting my bill as well. I have checked about the same and have found many people complaining about this, I am not sure of this issue has started after the update and so as I have come across people who are facing the same issue without updating their phone as well. I have not yet found an effective solution for getting rid of this issue. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has been able to fix it out?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Random calls are made automatically by my iphone 3gs

I have been facing the same and this issue is random and I have not yet come across it actually dialing the contacts in the phone. I am not sure but I have noticed it to be happening mostly when the phone is kept untouched somewhere as it has been mentioned by the above user. I have tried rebooting the phone several times, I have tried resetting it but then issue is still the same. I have checked out for the same on the web and have found few people mentioning that the issue has been solved in their case by resetting the phone and changing the sim card and so. I have tried out the same but they are just not helping I doubt if they actually make any difference, I have 3 sim cards and I have tested all of them and have got the same response. It has been a week since I am trying to find out the cause of the issue but I have not got any luck.

Some geniuses have mentioned that restoring the phone to factory state or updating the software of the phone might help and I will be trying it out. If you want then you can try out the same and find out if it is actually helping.

Re: Random calls are made automatically by my iphone 3gs

Even I have come across people having this issue and yes some has mentioned that they were able to solve out the issue by resetting the iPhone or restoring the same to factory state:

• For resetting the iphone- Press and hold sleep/wake button as well as home button at the same time and keep holding them until the screen turns black and until the white Apple logo appears. There are possibilities that you will have to hold the same after the red power off slider screen as well. You can let the keys go when the Apple logo appears. Note that resetting will be deleting all the data or settings so perform if you are having a backup of the phone.

• For restoring the iphone to factory state- In order to restore the iphone to factory state just connect the phone to the computer and start iTunes. Select the phone when it gets recognized in the iTunes and then simply click on restore button now just go through the prompts and at last iTunes will download the latest firmware and your phone will get restored. If you want then you can restore to a specific version of firmware by holding shift (PC) or option (MAC) and clicking restore and then browsing the firmware that you might be willing to install.

Just try out these solutions and then let me know if they are actually helping. Best of luck.